Women Embrace Hiking - Abbotts Falls Walking Track
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Join Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) on this fantastic 10k hike. The Abbotts Falls Walking Track in the Onley State Forest and we start our walk amongst the dry eucalypt forest and wind our way downhill through moist gullies of bluegum and rainforest to a beautiful lookout before climbing out again to the Pines Picnic Area. We take an adventurous side trip where we have to use a rope to help us down a crevice (this is safe and a lot of fun) to get to the bottom of the falls for afternoon tea- this is a beautiful spot to rest and restore before we head off on the second half of our hike.
Date: Saturday 12th June
Meeting Time: 7:45 am for a 8 am start Finish time approx 12:30 pm
Meeting Point: Pines Picnic Area, Martinsville. Details of the exact meeting point will be sent to you upon registration. We will also send you driving details via text the week before our adventure.
Maximum Numbers: 14 plus your WEA guides
Fitness Level: A moderate/high level of fitness is required
Experience: No experience needed
Length: The hike is approximately 10 kms long and will take us approximately 4 hours including time to enjoy our surroundings and home baked goodies and a warm drink at the falls.
- Eco Pass, Parks Licencing Fees, Full Insurance Coverage
- Wilderness First Aid qualified leader
- Full Safety Equipment-satelite phone, personal location beacon
- Morning tea including hot drinks and home-baked goodies. (We cater for dietary requirements, please let us know of anything dietary needs when booking)
- Photos of your adventure that will be posted on our facebook event page for you to save
What do I need to bring?
- day pack with waist strap (to carry your personal belongings)
- hiking boots, sturdy joggers or trail runners are needed
- comfortable, sun-protective activewear
- bug spray
- any personal medications you may need (asthma puffer/epi-pen etc)
- waterproof jacket (in case of cold/ wet weather)
- an extra warm layer in case of cold/windy weather
- at least 2 litres of water (remember we will be walking for a few hours and there are no water fill-up points along the way)
- we recommend leaving an extra set of clothes in the car in case we run into cold or wet weather
- hiking poles (optional)
How fit do I need to be to join this adventure? This hike covers approx 10 kms of moderate levels of terrain. You will need a moderate/high level of fitness to join us on this walk. The hike covers some slippery downhill sections, If you're not sure if you are fit enough for the walk please contact us on email@example.com and we will be happy to give you a call to discuss. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced before we set off on this beautiful hike. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the hike, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
How many will be on our Hike? We keep our adventures quite personal. On this adventure, there will be no more than 14 women your plus your WEA guides.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands before joining us and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
Terms and Conditions: Payment for WEA half-day adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18, please email us before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c ). By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you can join us!
- Sold OutEmbrace Hiking - Abbotts Falls$55GST included$55GST included0$0