Women Embrace Fireflies and Nightlife Adventure
Time & Location
About The Adventure
If you are ready to see all the characters living right under your noses, join WEA as Tom from HOOKED ON NATURE takes us on a walk to discover the night wildlife. Our personalised tour includes an interactive fact session about the wildlife as we walk through the bush in search of fireflies and many more creatures of the night.
We start our adventure at 6:30 with some nibbles and a glass of bubbles and wait for the Fire Flies to come out and give us a show. We will then take a walk with Tom whose mission is to get people back into nature, and hooked on unlocking the stories of wildlife, plants and fungi. Tom will bring along some of his favourite gadgets (UV Light Traps, Bat Detectors, Live Spiders and Insects and Spot lights) so we can uncover what nature has to offer once the sun goes down in an undisturbed natural environment.
Please note: While every effort is made to provide tour participants with the chance to see fireflies during the tour, certain viewing conditions may not result in fireflies being visible, sometimes they just don't appear. BUT, we will have an amazing time nevertheless!
Date: Friday the 27th November
Meeting Time: 6:15 pm for a 6:30 pm start
Meeting Point: Ourimbah NSW. Details of the exact meeting point will be sentto you in a text a couple of days before the event.
Maximum Numbers: 16 plus your WEA guides and Tom our fantastic nature guide
Fitness Level: This adventure is for all fitness levels.
- Nature guide - The amazing Tom from HOOKED ON NATURE
- Specialised equipment including torches, bat detectors, UV insect light traps, live invertebrates, sweep nets and other equipment to make the evening as informative and fun as possible.
- Wilderness First Aid qualified WEA Host
- A light picnic to start the evening including a glass of bubbles and or juice and cheese platter (We cater for dietary requirements, please let us know of anydietary needs when booking)
- Photos of your adventure that will be posted on our facebook event page for you to save
- Parks Licencing Fees
What do I need to bring?
- Enclosed shoes - hiking boots, sturdy joggers or trail runners are good
- comfortable clothes (bring a jacket incase the evening gets cool)
- insect repellant
- any personal medications you may need (asthma puffer/epi-pen etc)
- waterproof jacket (in case of cold/ wet weather)
- a water bottle
To ensure you and the wildlife are safe and taken care of Tom has put some tour rules together for us:
- NO flash photography
- NO Yelling or talking loudly when close to the glow worms
- NO Walking off the defined track
- The Tour Guides directions MUST be followed at all times.
- NO walking without turning on your torch
- Enclosed footwear must be worn
- Wear insect repellent
How fit do I need to be to join this adventure? This adventure is for all fitness levels. During the adventure we walk about 4kms at a slow liesurely pace so we can enjoy the night life. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced at the start of the adventure. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the night, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
How many will be on this adventure? We keep our adventures quite personal. On this adventure, there will be no more than 16 women your plus your WEA hosts and nature guide.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands before joining us and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
Terms and Conditions: Payment for WEA half-day adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18, please email us before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c ). By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please get in touch at email@example.com.
We hope you can join us!
- Women Embrace Fireflies$85GST included$85GST included0$0
- Caryn Upton Fireflies$85GST included$85GST included0$0