Sat, 13 Aug|
Tassie Training Hike - Saturday 13th August
This event is a training hike for women coming to our September Embrace Tassie trips. We look forward to seeing Team Tassie on the 13th.
Time & Location
13 Aug 2022, 8:00 am – 14 Aug 2022, 12:00 pm
Brunkerville, Brunkerville NSW 2323, Australia
About The Adventure
About the Hike: Join the Women Embrace Tassie Teams as we explore this beautiful section of the Great North Walk. We start the walk from the picnic area near the Watagan Forest Motel. From there we talk a steep walking trail up to the Top of the stirs and then back down to do it all again. Yes thats right we are doing it twice.
We estimate the hike will take approx 4 hours in total including time to chat about our upcoming adventure and answer any questiosn you may have, we hope you can join us.
- Saturday 13th August
- Approximate times: 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Who is this Hike for: For women 18 years and above who have a high level of fitness
- Cost: No charge
- Fitness Level: You should be in training for Tassie so this will not be a problem for you. We will be aiming to take on Heaton twice to make sure we are all fit enough for our hikes in Tassie. This hike is graded hard/level 4. It is important you have a moderate to high level of fitness to complete this walk.
What to Bring:
- Wear a comfortable pair of hiking boots or a sturdy pair of joggers or trail running shoes
- Comfortable active wear
- Hat, sunscreen, bug spray and sun glasses
- Any personal medication you may need
- A day pack (to carry your personal belongings as well as morning tea and lunch that will be provided to you by WEA before we set off),
- Waterproof jacket, extra layer and spare socks (incase of cold/ wet weather)
- At least 2 litres of water (remember this hard hike and we will be walking for a few hours).
Meeting point: Brunkerville, NSW, exact meeting point will be sent in your confirmation email.
- Ticket type
Tassie Training Hike
Tassie Training Hike - Heaton Gap to Heaton Lookout, Saturday 13th August.Price$0.00