Women Embrace The Sapphire Coast Light 2 Light Hike & Kayak
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Experience the best of what the Sapphire Coast of Sothern NSW has to offer, exploring three National Parks, each offering up its own unique environment. Join us for this pack free, fully guided, all-inclusive walking/kayaking holiday in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia!
- Spot Water Dragons and leave footprints on wild beaches in Bournda National Park
- Swim in sapphire bluewater lagoons amongst the spotted gums in Mimosa Rocks National Park
- Marvel at the wildflowers and post-fire regeneration on the iconic Light to Light Walk
- Count the whales and wombats from our veranda at the heritage-listed Lighthouse keepers cottage
- Enjoy local Sapphire Coast cheese, wine and produce, all prepared by our local guides!
- Search for Azure Kingfishers and white bellied sea eagles as we kayak on the Kiah River
The views are stunning and ever-changing; from heathland to forest, tea tree groves to banksia woodlands, and sheltered coves to towering red-rock platforms. Plus, with so many coastal vantage points (including the verandah of the heritage-listed lighthouse keepers cottages on our final night), you can spot seals, seabirds and whales, with October being one of the best times of the year for whale watching. On this Sapphire Coast Adventure, you are in for a real treat.
Tour Length: 5 nights/ 6 days
Start Date: Friday 22 October 2021
Finish Date: Wednesday 27th October 2021
Distance Walked: approx 50 km over 4 days plus one day kayaking along the Kiah River
Fitness Level: Medium Grade, a moderate level of fitness is required. Preparation will make the experience all the more enjoyable.
Group Size: Maximum 9 Women (plus your WEA host) we keep our groups small
Going Solo? No problem, we welcome solo travellers and guarantee a supportive group of fun-loving women to share your journey with.
Age: for women 18 years and above
Accommodation: Twin Share Accommodation is a combination of boutique hotel, camping in tents (they are very good tents, we would almost say glamping!) and Green Cape Lighthouse Cottages. Single supplement may be available
Day 1 – Pickup from Merimbula Airport or accommodation to our camp. Settle in. Lunch then walk Sandy Creek Loop (8km) Stay at Campground
Day 2 – Kangarutha track (12kms) Stay at Campground
Day 3 – Transfer to Boyds Tower, Walk to Saltwater Creek on Light to Light track (13kms) Stay at Green Cape Lighthouse
Day 4 – Transfer back to Saltwater Creek, walk to Green Cape Lighthouse (17kms) Stay at Green Cape Lighthouse.
Day 5 – Leisurely morning at Green Cape Lighthouse, transfer to Kiah River for full day kayak trip down river, into Twofold Bay, exploring fisheries beach and finishing at the Seahorse Inn. Set menu celebration dinner and stay at Seahorse Inn.
Day 6 - Check out of Seahorse Inn, Visit Eden Whale Museum. Goodbyes and transport to airport/cars
ITINERARY. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FULL ITINERARY
Your Package includes:
- Evening meals, including welcome dinner on the first night and a celebration dinner on the final night, with the focus on fresh local South Coast seasonal produce.
- Breakfast days 2-6, a mix of continental and cooked breakfast depending on the day
- Lunch and morning/afternoon tea and snacks
- Twin-share accommodation-Boutique Style Hotel, Camping & Lighthouse Cottages
- While camping: stretcher with insulated mat, sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner, pillow and head torch
- Camp chairs when camping
- Hot showers and drop toilet while camping
- Emergency communications and first aid kits carried by your guide and host
- Wilderness First Aid trained local guide and Women Embrace Adventure host to ensure you have the most amazing adventure.
- WEA shirt
- Guided kayak tour
- Return airport transfers to and from Merimbula Airport/predetermined location
- Guaranteed fun, laughter and, as usual, some Women Embrace Adventure surprises along the way!
Your Package DOES NOT include:
- Flights or travel to Merimbula
- Travel Insurance
What to Bring:
- Water bottles – at least 2 litre capacity
- Personal toiletries and medication
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Walking boots or shoes – good quality runners will suffice
- Walking poles if you use them
- Waterproof jacket
- Water shoes for kayaking (compulsory)
- Comfortable walking clothes
- Warm jacket – polar fleece or similar
- Sun hat
- Beanie for cool weather/evenings
- Optional – bathers, camera, binoculars, mobile phone (reception is patchy along the walk)
The full cost of the tour is only $2749/pp twin share, this amount covers all inclusions outlined "Your Package Includes." *T&C apply see below
- Have a moderate level of fitness
- Travel insurance
HOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT:
Book now and pay your non-refundable deposit of $600 to secure your spot, payable by credit card or PayPal. Balance due 8 August 2021.
We hope you can join us on this amazing adventure. Remember this trip is open to a maximum of only 9 lucky ladies!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands before joining us and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
*Conditions apply. This is a women's only adventure. Valid for travel for on 22nd October 2021 departure. Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person, twin share and do not include return airfares. Prices are correct as of 10th November 2020 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency. A non-refundable deposit of $600 per person is required to secure a booking. Full price $2,749. The final balance of payment is due, 8th August 2021. This is a women’s only tour, all prices are per person based on twin share. Credit card fees apply. Cancellation Fees Apply: between 75 - 30 days prior to trip departure - 75% Of the Tour Cost. between 29 - 15 days prior to trip departure - 85% Of the Tour Cost. Within 14 days of the trip departure - 100% Of the Tour Cost.
Other conditions apply. By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. Full terms and conditions http://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c.
- Deposit Sapphire Coast 2021$600$6000$0