Women Embrace Tasmania September 5-10 2022
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Join Women Embrace Adventure and walk the rugged south-east coast of Tasmania on this fully supported and professionally guided 6 day/5 night adventure. Discover the pristine and wild Tasman National Park with a new and different adventure each day.
Witness the towering cliff faces of the Tasman Peninsula, home to the awe-inspiring Three Capes. Made up of Cape Raoul, Cape Hauy and Cape Pillar, considered by many to be the most unique coastal landmark in Australia – if not the world.
Your adventure will take you to the summit of Mount Brown, where you’ll experience breathtaking panoramic views of Crescent Bay, Cape Raoul and Cape Pillar. You’ll also trek the rugged coastline from Waterfall Bay to Fortescue Bay.
On day 5, we'll head to the water for a three-hour wilderness cruise of Tasman Island, Cape Pillar and the coastline up to Eaglehawk Neck with award-winning Pennicott Wilderness Tours. We'll get up close and personal to the local sea life who call this exquisite and untouched region home. Learn about the infamous history of the Port Arthur Convict Settlement during a delicious team dinner, set within the gates of Port Arthur and overlooking the world-renowned historic site.
While hiking you’ll get to experience the best of what the Three Capes and the Tasman Peninsula has to offer each day and then head back to your four-star accommodation at Stewarts Bay Lodge in Port Arthur to refresh, dine on seasonal meals made from the freshest local produce, and prepare for your next day’s exploration. Stewarts Bay Lodge is nestled between the beach and the forest, where you'll sleep to the sound of the calming ocean, amongst this World Heritage National Park.
Whether you come on your own, with a friend or in a group, Women Embrace Adventure provide a welcoming, inclusive environment where you can enjoy and challenge yourself.
· Four days of trekking exploring the most iconic locations of the Three Capes and the Tasman Peninsula
· 2 nights with the team in Hobart at the Grand Chancellor Hotel including time at the iconic Salamanca Markets
· Carry only a daypack for a comfortable and casual adventure experience
· Trek to Cape Raoul, Cape Hauy and Fortescue Bay from Waterfall Bay, and climb Mount Brown with a side trek to Crescent Bay
· A three-hour wilderness cruise with Pennicott Wilderness Journeys (at own cost)
· Close encounters with abundant sea life around Tasman Island and Cape Pillar
· Discover local Tasmanian flora and fauna on your daily treks
· Four-star fully self contained Cabin Accommodation at Stewarts Bay Lodge
· Professionally catered pre-packed lunches and snacks prepared for your trekking day
· Enjoy the company of like-minded adventurous women
· Disconnect from daily life and take in the pristine Tasmanian scenery
· After a day trekking, relax and unwind with a glass of wine or take a stroll along Stewarts Bay or Port Arthur.
Your Package Includes:
· Professional, knowledgable local guides with first aid and extensive outdoor adventure guiding experience
· Wilderness first aid qualified Women Embrace Adventure Hosts
· 2 nights twin share accommodation in Hobart
· 3 nights twin share accommodation in two bedroom, two bathroom Stewarts Bay Lodge (single supplement may be available upon request at an additional cost)
· Welcome Dinner on the first night and Celebration Dinner on last night in Hobart
· 2 buffet breakfasts at Hobart hotel
· 3 dinners and 3 breakfasts at Stewarts Bay Lodge
· 4 pre-packed lunches, morning tea and trail snacks
· Transport to and from Hobart to your Port Arthur Accommodation Stewarts Bay Lodge, all transport to and from treks and activities.
· Emergency support: guides carry satellite phones, walkie talkies, are wilderness first aid qualified and carry a full first aid kit
· Women Embrace Adventure team shirt and buff
· All National Park Permits, Insurance
· Photos of your adventure that will be shared with you for download after the adventure
· Guaranteed fun and laughter for the entire trip
Package Does Not Include:
· Return airfares to Hobart, Tasmania
· Alcoholic drinks and beverages
· Additional resort room charges and optional tour extras (boat tour)
· Transfers to and from airport to hotel in Hobart
OVERVIEW OF THE ADVENTURE
Tour Length: 5 nights/ 6 days
Start Date: This adventure will start in Hobart on Monday 5th September 2022
Finish Date: The tour will finish in Hobart on Saturday 10th September 2022
Distance Walked: approx. 50kms over 4 days
Fitness Level: A moderate to a high level of fitness is required. This pack free Walking Adventure is four day walks in graded stages, women with a moderate level of fitness can complete the walk. You should be able to walk at least 8-9 hours with a light daypack weighing approximately 5 kgs. The longest hike is the Waterfall Bay to Fortescue Bay which is approximately 18kms and 8-9 hours of walking depending on teams speed, so, if you can walk with regular rests over this distance and time, you will be able to complete this trip. Preparation and some training before your adventure will help to make it all the more enjoyable, we are here to help with that!
Group Size: Maximum 13 plus your WEA hosts and Guides
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone meets over our welcome dinner. We always have lots of fun, there 's no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of our Tassie trip, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
Recommended Age: Women 18 years and above
Accommodation: All accommodation is twin share in a combination of a perfectly located hotel in Hobart and the Stewarts Bay Lodge Accommodation while we are walking. We can offer a single supplement at an additional cost.
The full cost of the tour is AU $3,240/pp twin share*
HOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT
A non-refundable deposit of $600 upon booking is required to secure your spot
This amount covers all inclusions outlined in “Your Package Includes”
*T&C apply see below.
1 – When should I book airfares?
Only book airfares AFTER you receive a confirmation via email from Women Embrace Adventure letting you know it is ok to book flights. Airfares are not included in the package price, you will need to book and pay for your own airfare. We have a preferred travel agent and will share these details with you when it is time to book flights.
Travel insurance – Is Required. You can choose your own travel insurance or our preferred travel professional, can organize this for you.
2 - What do I need to bring with me?
We will send you a full packing list a couple of months out from our trip. Below is an example of what you will need to bring along. The good news is there is laundry facilities available at Stewarts Bay Lodge, too.
· Casual clothes for around the accommodation and dinner
· Hiking books/shoes for hiking during the day
· Hiking shirts and pants
· Warm layers, jacket and pants to cover all weather conditions. You never know what you are going to get in Tassie
· Comfortable socks for 4 days of hiking
· day pack with adjustable padded waist strap
· Sun hat
· Your own basic first aid and your personal medication
4 - HOW MUCH SPENDING MONEY WILL I NEED?
This largely depends on you. All accommodation, activities outlined on the itinerary, breakfasts, lunch and dinners and snacks are included on the Adventure. You need to pay for your Wilderness Cruise if you choose to go or you may want to take some time out at the lodge or visit Port Authur, this is at your own cost. Any extra food (lunch on day 6) beverage and souvenirs along the way are also at your own cost. So really you don’t need much at all.
6 - WHAT IS THE CANCELATION POLICY?
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Women Embrace Adventure with the following conditions:
- A $600 Non-Refundable Deposit is required to secure a place and must be paid at the time of booking.
- Full Payment is due on or before 75 days prior to travel (June 22, 2022)
- Cancellation Fees Apply as below:
- between 75 - 30 days prior to trip departure - 75% Of the Tour Cost
- between 29 - 15 days prior to trip departure - 85% Of the Tour Cost
- Within 14 days of the trip departure - 100% Of the Tour Cost
No refund is available after departure of a tour has commenced and it is non transferable. See full T&C's below.
7 - WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person, twin share and do not include return airfares. Prices are correct as of 2 September 2021 and are subject to availability. Women Embrace Adventure reserve the right withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency. A non-refundable deposit of $600 per person is required to secure a booking. Full price $3240. You will be invoiced for the final balance of payment which is due 22nd June 2022. This is a women’s only tour, all prices are per person based on twin share. Credit card fees apply or payment can be made via direct debit.
Payment made for rescheduled 2021 will be applied in full to the 2022 trip, honouring 2021 pricing. The non-refundable fee of $600 is included in the booking. Cancellation Fees Apply: between 75 -30 days prior to trip departure - 75% Of the Tour Cost. between 29 - 15 days prior to trip departure - 85% Of the Tour Cost. Within 14 days of the trip departure - 100% of the Tour Cost.
If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, WEA reserve the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. All current government safety and health guidelines must be adhered to at the time of departure. Flights and travel insurance are not included in the ticket price. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. By booking you agree to the T&C's.
Please read full T&C and disclaimer www.womenembraceadventure.com.au
- Week 1 Embrace Tassie 2022$0$00$0
- Deposit Women Embrace Tasmania$600GST included$600GST included0$0