Women Embrace Hiking - Bouddi Coastal Walking Track
Time & Location
About The Adventure
About the Hike:
This is one of the longer walks in the Bouddi National Park and it is rich in scenery. The walk follows the coastline with many side trips to lookouts, beaches and even a shipwreck. Walking from Little Beach to Putty Beach, we stop for some morning tea along the way. Boasting beaches, boardwalks and birdlife, it’s known as one of the most beautiful central coast walks. This easy to moderate hike is characterised by sweeping views, shady rainforest and inviting picnic spots. There’s a photo opportunity around every corner on Bouddi coastal walk. Bouddi National Park is the perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors and we hope you can join us.
Date: Sunday 15th August 2021
Meeting Time: 7:45 am for an 8:00 am start
Meeting Point: Putty Beach Camp Ground. Details of the exact meeting point will be sent to you upon registration.
Parking: parking in the national park is $8 per car and is at own cost
Maximum Numbers: We like to keep our events quite small so there will be no more than 14 amazing ladies on your adventure plus your 2 WEA guides
Grade of walk/hike: This walk is graded 4. Click for the Walking track grading system
Fitness Level: A moderate level of fitness is required. This walk covers many stairs, uneven pathways and some beach walking and we recoment having a moderate level of fitness to walk this distance comfortably
Experience: Non needed
Length: the hike is approximately 10km long and will take us between 3-4 hours to complete including a morning tea stop
- National Parks Licencing Fees and permits
- WEA Wilderness first aid qualified leaders
- Transport from the meeting point to the starting point
- A delicious morning tea including Sharon's famous baked goods, fruit and hot drinks. We cater for most dietary requirements, please let us know of your needs at the time of booking.
- Photos of your adventure posted on our Facebook event page
- Fun and adventure with a bunch of like-minded, fun-loving women!
What do I need to bring?
-day pack (to carry your personal belongings)
-hiking boots, sturdy joggers or trail runners are needed
-sunscreen and sun-protective clothing
-any personal medications you may need (asthma puffer/epi-pen etc)
-waterproof jacket (in case of cold/wet weather)
-an extra warm layer in case of cold/windy weather
-at least 2 litres of water (remember we will be walking for a few hours and there are no water fill-up points along the way)
-we recommend leaving an extra set of clothes in the car for after the hike in case we run into cold or wet weather along the way
How fit do I need to be? This hike covers approx 8 km of easy to moderate levels of terrain. You will need a moderate level of fitness to participate comfortably. If you are not sure if you are fit enough for the walk please contact us on email@example.com and we will be happy to give you a call to discuss.
This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced before we set off on this beautiful hike. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the hike, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
How many will be on our Hike? We keep our adventures quite personal. On this adventure, there will be no more than 14 women your plus your WEA guides.
Women Embrace Adventure is a registered Covid Safe Business
To prioritise the wellbeing women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Before you book or attend an adventure, please note:
- If you have recently travelled overseas, to Victoria, been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have flu-like symptoms (such as fever or cough), please schedule your adventure after your self-isolation period ends and you have the all-clear.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, we recommend you focus on getting well and postpone your adventure until you have been given the all-clear by your doctor.
- If you become unwell prior to your adventure or have contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule.
Women Embrace Adventure has the following safety measures in place:
- Precautionary questions around health and travel
- Limiting the number of women on an adventure
- Provision of hand sanitiser
- Practising social distancing
- Zero contact check-in process
- Not sharing equipment and utensils
- Individually packaged food
- Cleaning equipment and commonly used surfaces often
Here’s how you can help us when attending your adventure:
- Stay at home if you are unwell
- Wash your hands before joining us
- Avoid touching your nose and mouth
- Maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres from others where possible
*Booking terms and Conditions: Payment for this event are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given unless the adventure is cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure, in which case full refund will be issued or the participant may elect to credit the booking amount to another tour date available. The booking is transferable, this is a women's only tour and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age. Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel this adventure if undersubscribed with full refund to participant. Women Embrace Adventure the right to refuse participation at any time. See full T&C on our website.
We will notify you of any changes or cancellations via email and text. If you have questions text Sharon on 0467504879
- Sold OutWomen Embrace Hiking$55GST included$55GST included0$0