Sun, 25 Aug|
Embrace Africa - Kilimanjaro Adventure
Are you ready to tackle the world's highest free standing Mountain and stand on the roof of Africa? Including a cultural immersion experience during your first couple of days in Tanzania and that bucket list experience of trekking to the top of Kilimanjaro. This really is a trip of a lifetime.
Time & Location
25 Aug 2024, 2:00 pm – 06 Sept 2024, 10:00 am
Tanzania, Africa, Tanzania
About The Adventure
Are you ready to tackle the world's highest free-standing Mountain and stand on the roof of Africa?
Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) has partnered with Adventure Out Loud (AOL) to bring you an adventure of a lifetime. Including a cultural immersion experience during your first couple of days in Tanzania and that bucket list experience of trekking to the top of Kilimanjaro. This really is a trip of a lifetime.
Kilimanjaro is a trekker's holy grail with sheer cliff faces, giant towering glaciers, and endless panoramic views. Reaching Kilimanjaro's highest point is an extreme challenge. Battling multiple long days of trekking, freezing conditions and high altitudes, trekkers must leave their comfort zones and push themselves to the limit.
There may be blisters and tears, but as you stand on top of the "Roof of Africa", watching the sun rise over Africa's endless savannahs, you'll feel a sense of "Freedom", at one with yourself and with nature, and the euphoria of success.
With challenging treks, stunning scenery and five different ecosystems, it is no wonder Kilimanjaro has been voted "Africa's Leading Tourist Attraction" for the past three consecutive years. Here's a sneak peek of what you can expect...
During this adventure, you will be trekking the Lemosho Route over eight days to give you the best chance to acclimatise and reach the summit. AOL has helped 98% of their adventurers SAFELY summit Kilimanjaro, and we'd love to help you do the same.
You will visit and stay at the life-changing School of St Jude. Here you will have a chance to tour the school, join in a frantic lunchtime soccer, handball or netball game, participate in a music or art class and visit the home of one of St Jude's eager young students. During this home visit, you will get the chance to meet the student's family and immerse in Tanzania's culture as you sample local foods and learn to speak a little Swahili. You will share one of the most transformational and rewarding experiences and we know you will love it.
- Local English speaking guide throughout
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Trek Briefing
- 1 WEA hosts to ensure you have the most amazing adventure
- 12 nights accommodation ( 5 nights lodge style accommodation, 7 nights twin share camping
- Meals as per the itinerary (12 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 10 dinners)
- Tents and sleeping mats
- Cultural Immersion at The School of St Jude
- Three training hikes in Lake Mac / Newcastle area in the lead up to our trip ( May, June, July 2024 - dates TBA)
- Fully catered Mount Kilimanjaro trek including:
- Kilimanjaro Entry & Camping Fees
- 4 Season Hiking Tents (Mat Provided)
- Altitude Safety Check (Twice Daily)
- Comprehensive first aid kits and emergency oxygen tents
- Portable Private Toilet
- Mess tent with table and chairs for all meals
- Services of experienced English-speaking Mountain guides (first aid qualified)
- Porters to carry your fullpack - you trek with only a day pack (portered bag must be 9kgs max)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Return transfers from hotel to park gate
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- And of course some WEA surprises along the way
What's not included
- International or internal flights
- Visa and passport fees
- Travel insurance (Proof of travel insurance must be provided by September 25th 2022)
- Paid adventure options and all personal expenses
- Tobacco, alcoholic or special beverages
- Miscellaneous extras
- Laundry and communication charges
- Medical care whilst on trip
- Gratuities for Expedition Team and crew
Dates: Sunday 25 Aug 2024 - Friday 6 Sept 2024
Days: 13 days / 12 nights
Location: Tanzania, Africa
Group Maximum: 14 plus your WEA hosts and in-country guides
Fitness Level: This adventure is for people with a high level of fitness
Cost: $7,250 pp
(a non-refundable deposit of $3,000 paid upon booking will secure your spot - the remainder of the balance will be invoiced and payable in two instalments T&C apply)
For the full Itinerary, FAQs and all the exciting details, Click Here
By making a booking, you agree to and accept our terms and conditions and including these Terms and Conditions, our Covid-19 Policy and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once your deposit payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you. No refunds will be given, and this trip is not transferable. This is an all-weather event. This is a women's only adventure. Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person. Prices are correct as of 20 May 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
All current government safety and health guidelines at the time of booking and departure must be adhered to, including all Covid-19 requirements. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. Dates are non-transferable.
- Sale ends: 06 Sept 2024, 10:00 am
Deposit - Embrace Kilimanjaro
WEA Embrace Africa, Kilimanjaro Adventure - $3,000 Non- refundable deposit only. The total cost $7,250, with balance invoiced and payable in 2 instalments. T&C apply$2,000.00