Embrace Surfing - Half Day Beginner Adventure
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Never Surfed before but always wanted to? Take your first ever surf lesson in a motivating and fun environment with Women Embrace Adventure. This half day beginner Surfing adventure is a fantastic way to get out and enjoy the great outdoors, get active and have some fun with a group of great ladies.
On the day you will be supported by a Women Embrace Adventure host as well as a fully qualified Surfing coach. They will ensure you get all the instruction you need to (fingers crossed) surf your first ever wave. Our goal is to provide a relaxed and fun experience for everyone involved.
- Date: Saturday 23rd February 2019
- Time: Half Day Adventure – approx 3hrs starting at 9am. Please note; times may change slightly depending on weather conditions. You will be informed of exact times on Friday the 22nd Feb via text.
- Meeting point: will be advised on Friday 22nd February via text. We will be surfing at either Stockton Beach or Caves Beach in the Newcastle area NSW. As no beach in Newcastle is “safe” all the time we may need to travel to find the right beginner wave for your lesson. It is not as simple as just going to any beach and paddling out. Every surfer will tell you it's all about the tides, the swell direction, the sandbanks and the wind just like fishing you need a plan.
- Inclusions: Surfboard, wetsuit, rash-vest, legrope...and your surf coach and WEA host. A delicious Morning tea is included after our lesson to give us time to sit, chat and reflect on our new found surfing skills.
- Cost: $80 per person
- Photos of your day that will be added to the Facebook event page after the event.
What do I need to bring?
- 2 litres of water
- any special medications you might need.
How fit do I need to be?
We recommend you need a moderate level of fitness to participate and make it an enjoyable experience. We also need you to be confident in the surf and be a moderate - strong swimmer.
Do I need experience?
Definitely not, this is a surf lesson for absolute beginners.
How many Women will be on this adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at Women Embrace Adventure to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. This adventure will have no more than 10 women plus the WEA guides and surfing coach.
Will bad weather conditions affect my adventure?
Yes it could. Cancellations that are made due to weather conditions made by Women Embrace Adventure are entitled to a full refund, or we can transfer your booking to another day.
Once payment is made it is non-refundable. However, if you absolutely cannot make it after registration and payment is made you may transfer your adventure to another person ( please be aware these are women only adventures and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age)
- Embrace Surfing Half Day$80$800$0