Embrace Abseiling and Simple Canyoning Full Day Adventure - The Watagans
Time & Location
About The Adventure
This amazing day is a women only event in the rainforest of Gap Creek includes abseiling into shallow water, small water jumps as well as exploring creeks and pools, we also abseil through and over an amazing natural sandstone arch. Join Women Embrace Adventure for a fully catered day of fun and adventure!
Never Abseiled or been Canyoning before? Not a problem, our qualified guide will provide all the instruction you need to get started and have really have a good time doing it. The abseiling and canyoning are both at beginner level but enjoyable for all levels. The simple Canyoning is not swimming through caves but rather walking through shallow water as well as going under some rock arches. The water you will abseil into is safe and shallow. This Abseiling and Simple Canyoning Adventure is a fab way to enjoy the great outdoors, get active and have some fun with a group of great ladies.
A Women Embrace Adventure Host and a qualified outdoor adventure guide will be there to provide support, encouragement and help you take a step outside of your comfort zone. They’ll also ensure you have a great time and provide a relaxed and fun experience for everyone. All safety gear, equipment and instruction is provided.
Join us for a Sunday to remember:
Date: Sunday, November 18, 2018
Time: Start 8:30 am - Finish 4:00 pm
Meeting Place: Cnr Mount Faulk Road and Freemans Drive, Cooranbong, we will meet you there at 8:15am and then drive onto our starting point.
Cost: $145 per person
- Qualified Outdoor Adventure Guide
- Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) Host
- All Abseiling/ Canyoning equipment
- Abseiling/ Canyoning safety briefing, instruction and park fees
- Snacks and lunch are included (we can accommodate dietary preference on the day so let us know when booking). You will collect your snacks for morning and afternoon tea from your WEA host before we set off and carry them in your day pack, your delicious lunch will be carried and then prepared by your WEA host at a beautiful picnic spot.
- Photos of your adventure that will be uploaded after the event to the facebook event page or emailed to you if you prefer
- Women Embrace Adventure buff / headband
What to bring:
- Active wear suitable for outdoor activity
- Hat: preferably with a brim
- Jacket if cool
- Joggers/ hiking boots that can get wet
- Day pack to carry water, jacket, sunscreen etc
- Reading glasses if needed (we will give you a health history to fill out before we start)
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen and bug protection
- Any personal medication that may be needed (e.g. asthma puffer)
- Be sure to pack a spare set of clothes and a towel to leave in your car as we will be getting wet and you may want to dry off before you head home
How fit do I need to be?
As this is an all day event that includes walking, abseiling and canyoning we recommend a moderate to moderately high level of fitness for this adventure. However it is not an adventure that needs a super high level of fitness as we will be taking breaks throughout the day to catch our breath and take in the beautiful setting. As with any physical activity, always discuss anything new with your GP.
What if I don’t have anyone to go with?
No problem at all, there is always a Women Embrace Adventure host to make sure everyone meets before we set off. By the end of the day we're sure you would have found some new friends.
Do I need experience?
Definitely not! Our guide will give a comprehensive briefing before the tour on equipment use, safety and what to expect while on the adventure. We also offer tips to improve your technique to make things easier and more enjoyable for you.
How many Women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at Women Embrace Adventure to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. Generally, there will be no more than 12 women on our adventures.
Will bad weather conditions affect my adventure?
It could. Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of an abseiling adventure. If the weather is inclement enough to be a potential safety risk, we will contact you in the days before the adventure to discuss your options. *See t&c below
What if I am petrified of heights and freak out?
It happens and we are here to provide a supportive environment for you to just give it a go. Our outdoor guide is very adept at calming nerves and helping you to see exactly what you are capable of accomplishing. No judgement!
*Booking terms and Conditions: Payment for this abseiling adventure are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given unless the trip is cancelled due to weather by Embrace Escapes, in which case full refund will be issued or the participant may elect to credit the booking amount to another tour date available. The booking is transferable, this is a women's only tour and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age. Embrace Escapes reserves the right to cancel this tour if undersubscribed with full refund to participant. Embrace Escapes the right to refuse participation at any time and to cancel the tour if undersubscribed with full refund. See full T&C on our website.
We will notify you of any changes or cancellations via email and text. Should you be unsure about the weather conditions or have any other question drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Katrina on 0437711683.
- Abseiling and Simple Canyoning$145$1450$0