Sat, 17 Feb|
Women Embrace Antarctica - Whale Journey February 2024
Join Women Embrace Adventure on an adventure to one of the most extraordinary places on our planet. Antarctica is wild, remote, beautiful and, best of all, pristine. A natural reserve devoted to peace and science and offers the lucky few who visit the guaranteed experience of a lifetime.
Time & Location
17 Feb 2024, 3:00 pm – 27 Feb 2024, 3:00 pm
Ushuaia, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego Province, Argentina
About The Adventure
Women Embrace Adventure has partnered with Chimu Adventures to bring you an Antarctic adventure of a lifetime!
Antarctica is one of the most extraordinary places on our planet. The wildlife and landscapes experienced present life in their rawest form. It is wild, remote and heartbreakingly beautiful. But most importantly, Antarctica is pristine - a natural reserve devoted to peace and science and offers the lucky few who visit the guaranteed experience of a lifetime!
Set sail in search of the giants of the Southern Ocean on this voyage of discovery to the spectacular frozen continent of Antarctica.
Brave the formidable Drake Passage and have your camera ready for albatross and petrels as they soar and swoop around the ship; keep your eyes peeled for a silhouette and unmistakable breach.
Awe-inspiring scenery, calving glaciers, and ice-filled channels await and provide a perfect backdrop as you explore by zodiac the ice-filled bays bringing you closer to the magnificent migrating mammals.
Take a step on the continent, spot seals lazing along the shores, and walk among penguin rookeries.
Onboard, enjoy optional activities, lectures presented by resident polar experts and state-of-the-art wellness and fitness facilities. There is no better way to discover the majestic beauty of the Antarctic peninsula and its largest inhabitants.
- In just under two weeks, you will experience the world’s most remote wilderness: the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands.
- Marvel at imposing mountain ranges, beautifully sculpted icebergs, calving glaciers, and ice-filled channels.
- Witness an incredible abundance of Minke, Southern Right and Humpback whales as these serene marine mammals migrate to Antarctica to feed on krill each year.
- Ushuaia, the southernmost city of the world, is a highlight in itself as it is located in the dramatic landscape of Tierra del Fuego.
- Experience daily Zodiac excursions and onshore landings and personalise your expedition with our wide range of paid adventure options during your voyage, such as Kayaking and Day Paddle, Camping, Photography and Snowshoeing.
- Benefit from a variety of onboard activities, including educational lectures on history, geology and ecology and participate in our Citizen Science Program, all led by our expert Expedition Team.
- Enjoy the Ocean Endeavour’s amenities, including Aurora lounge, sun deck, Polaris Restaurant, bar, Polar Library, saltwater pool, jacuzzi, gym, spa and sauna.
· All meals onboard the Ocean Endeavour, including snacks
· Onboard lecture program from Expedition Team and Naturalists
· All shore excursions and Zodiac cruising (except paid adventure options that have an additional cost)
· Use of rubber boots on land and waterproof outer shell jacket
· Insulated inner jacket, yours to keep at the end of your voyage
· Transfer from Ushuaia airport to hotel accommodation (Day 1) and pre-night hotel accommodation with breakfast
· Transfer from hotel accommodation to the Ocean Endeavour for embarkation
· Transfer to Ushuaia airport on return to port
· All port taxes
· Use of onboard gym, sauna, pool, jacuzzi and yoga
WEA added extras
· Two WEA hosts to ensure you have everything you need, and this is indeed a trip of a lifetime
· Women Embrace Adventure goodie bag – always a hit, and a WEA trip wouldn’t be the same without them
· Welcome team dinner in Ushuaia
· Welcome cocktail deck party on the Ocean Endeavour on the first night
· Team Zodiacs for land excursions
· Kayaking excursion
· Celebration dinner on last night on board the Ocean Endeavour
What's not included
· International or internal flights
· Visa and passport fees
· Travel insurance (Proof of travel insurance must be provided by September 25th 2022)
· Paid adventure options and all personal expenses
· Tobacco, alcoholic or special beverages
· Miscellaneous extras
· Laundry and communication charges
· Medical care
· Gratuities for Expedition Team and crew ( This amount is totally up to you, but on average, it is suggested $15 US per person per day and is divided up between all staff on the Ocean Endeavour)
Dates/Time: Saturday, February 17th 2024, until Tuesday, February 27th, 2024
Group Maximum: 18 plus your WEA hosts.
Fitness Level: Moderate
(a non-refundable deposit of $4,000 paid upon booking will secure your spot - the remainder of the balance will be invoiced and payable in three instalments T&C apply)
For the full Itinerary, FAQs and all the exciting details, CLICK HERE
Day 1: Saturday 17th Feb
Arrival in Ushuaia, Argentina
This afternoon we will have a team briefing followed by a team dinner in preparation for our departure tomorrow.
Day 2: Sunday 18th February
Embarkation in Ushuaia, Argentina.
This morning is free for you to explore Ushuaia, giving you time to wander the streets of this quaint port town or discover Tierra del Fuego National Park. Transfer to the pier of Ushuaia for embarkation in the late afternoon. Enjoy your first taste of life at sea and a welcome dinner. The air is likely to be filled with anticipation, as your next view of land will be of Antarctica - the White Continent.
Meals: B, D ( Lunch at own expense)
Day 3-4: Monday 19th – Tuesday 20th February
At sea, Drake Passage
As we leave the Beagle Channel, prepare for potentially rough seas as we enter the legendary Drake Passage. This infamous and unpredictable channel of water separates the southernmost tip of South America from the tip of the Antarctic Peninsula. It was named after the English explorer, Sir Frances Drake.
As we head southwards, there is time to get to know your shipmates and get an insight into the excitement ahead with presentations from the Expedition Team on everything Antarctic. Leaving the Antarctic Convergence in our wake, we continue south towards Antarctica, maybe making landfall by early evening on Day 4, if conditions are favourable. The first sighting of land always brings great excitement and is often embraced as the true beginning of any Antarctic expedition.
Meals: B,L,D each day
Day 5–8: Wednesday 21st – Saturday 24th February
South Shetland Islands & Antarctic Peninsula
For the next four days, we explore the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula, famed for its majestic mountains, glaciers, imposing icebergs, ice-strewn waters and abundant wildlife. The scenery, wildlife and serene silence of Antarctica will enchant and enthral and you will soon realise why this region has captivated the attention of explorers and travellers for centuries. Your days on the Antarctic Peninsula will form the core of your adventure. Every day will be different as we cruise by Zodiac amongst the beautifully sculpted icebergs and take Zodiac excursions from the ship to explore local bays, channels and landing sites. Unpredictable weather and ice conditions mean that the itinerary will be flexible but will make the most of wildlife sightings, as we aim to explore penguin rookeries, seal and bird colonies, whale feeding areas as well as visiting sites of historic and scientific interest and climbing to vantage points for panoramic views. There is always something new or unexpected to see. Enjoy the antics of thousands of curious penguins as you sit on a pebbled beach, scout for whales and seals as you cruise by Zodiac, visit a research base, listen out for the mighty crack of a calving glacier and maybe brave a polar plunge in the icy waters! As we cruise through the Peninsula, the lecture programme continues and sightseeing is at its most spectacular from the ship’s outer decks. Enjoy the Ocean Endeavour’s newly designed health and fitness features, with facilities that include a spa, His and Hers saunas, saltwater pool and gym, plus yoga sessions.
Meals: B,L,D each day
Day 9–10: Sunday 25th – Monday 26th February
At sea, Drake Passage
We hope to make one final excursion or shore landing today before we leave the Antarctic Peninsula behind and head back across the Drake Passage. By the evening, we hope to be back in the tranquil waters of the Beagle Channel, ensuring a restful night's sleep on board.
Meals: B,L,D each day
Day 11: Tuesday 27th February
Disembarkation in Ushuaia, Argentina
Disembark the Ocean Endeavour after breakfast as your Antarctic expedition comes to an end, and the memories of an amazing adventure begin. After saying our farewells to our Expedition Team and the crew of the Ocean Endeavour, we transfer you to the airport for your onward flight, or you may like to spend some extra days in Ushuaia, giving you time to explore this fascinating town and the surrounding areas.
For the full Itinerary, FAQs and all the exciting details CLICK HERE
Stay Safe Procedures: Women Embrace Adventure is taking necessary measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) such as:
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell or you have been advised to isolate
*Wash your hands and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance where necessary
*It is your responsibility to follow all travel advisories and requirements for all countries travelled to and through
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details
*Terms and Conditions apply
Your booking is final once your payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you. No refunds will be given, and this trip is not transferable. This is an all-weather event. This is a women's only adventure. Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person. Prices are correct as of 14 July 2022 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
All current government safety and health guidelines at the time of booking and departure must be adhered to, including all Covid-19 requirements. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. Dates are non-transferable.
Deposit - Embrace Antarctica
WEA Antarctica - Non- refundable deposit only. Total cost $15,990. The remaining $11,990 will be invoiced and payable in 3 instalment due dates. T&C apply$4,000.00Sold Out
This event is sold out