Fri, 14 June|
Women Embrace Tomaree Coastal Walk Weekend Adventure-Port Stephens NSW
Join us and spend a weekend hiking the NEW Tomaree Coastal Walk in beautiful Port Stephens. We stay in luxury beach tent accommodation, eat fabulous food, hike across incredible landscapes and enjoy life with a bunch of like-minded amazing WEA women. What a perfect way to spend a weekend!
Time & Location
14 June 2024, 4:00 pm AEST – 16 June 2024, 2:00 pm AEST
One Mile, One Mile NSW 2316, Australia
About The Adventure
Embark on an unforgettable adventure along the Tomaree Coastal Walk in Port Stephens, NSW, on a 27 km journey weaving through Worimi lands, where you'll ascend the Tomaree summit for sunrise, uncover hidden beaches, and explore scenic rock platforms. This multi-day experience connects coastal villages, offering a perfect long weekend retreat just an hour from Newcastle and 3 hours from Sydney.
Join a group of amazing WEA women for a luxurious escape, complete with luxury glamping tent accommodation, delectable meals, and the chance to immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of this spectacular coastal landscape.
Don't miss out on this all-inclusive, fabulous adventure; join us for a weekend of hiking, breathtaking views, and camaraderie!
- Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 – Sunday, 16th June 2024
- Time: from 4 pm Friday, finish 2 pm Sunday
- Start and finish point: One Mile, Port Stephens, NSW
- Accommodation: twin or triple share in luxury beach tents (option for own room at additional cost - limited to 3)
- Meals: All prepared and served at your accommodation with a focus on fresh, local produce
Activity / Fitness Level: Moderate to High Energy. To see if this activity is fit for you check out our Activity / Fitness Guide
- All-Inclusive 2-night weekend package
- All food and snacks for the entirety of the weekend
- Luxury Glamping tent accommodation with ensuite.
- Hike the new Tomaree Coastal Walk on beautiful Worimi country
- Delicious celebratory lunch on Sunday to mark our achievements
- Everything is taken care of! All you have to do is walk, and we handle absolutely everything else.
- Two night's accommodation in beautiful Port Stephens, twin or triple share (own room supplement available)
- All bedding/towels
- All meals as outlined in the itinerary (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 hearty homemade dinners, afternoon nibbles, hiking snacks and fruit).
- We cater to most dietary needs; let us know when you book
- Fully Guided, pack-free walks on 2 days
- Transport to and from walks during the weekend adventure
- Two Wilderness First Aid Qualified Women Embrace guides to ensure you have the best experience possible
- WEA surprises along the way (you know you love them)
- National Park Fees, Licencing, Full Insurance
- Guaranteed lots of fun and laughter!
What's not included:
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol (other than the glass of bubbles provided as a welcome drink on the first night. You are very welcome to BYO)
- Transport to and from One Mile, Port Stephens, NSW
Tomaree Coastal Walk Weekend, 2 night hiking weekend
$1,140per person, twin or triple share.
Single Supplement (own room) additional $200
Day 1 – Friday, 14th June 2024
You’re welcome to arrive at our accommodation anytime from 4 pm; your WEA hosts will be there to welcome you and get you settled in with a glass of bubbles and some nibbles, followed by a hearty homemade dinner. Friday night is a perfect opportunity to get to know the amazing women you will be spending the weekend with, go over the details of the weekend, share some past adventure stories and have a laugh.
Meals Included: Afternoon nibbles and drink, dinner
Accommodation: Luxury Glamping Tent with ensuite
Day 2 – Saturday, 15th June 2024
This morning, we are up bright and early in time for a sunrise breakfast at the top of Mt Tomaree. We will watch the sunrise over the ocean from one of the most beautiful viewpoints in Port Stephens (and we think the world - it is truly spectacular). After breakfast, we'll begin our walk back along the sands of Zenith Beach before winding our way to Fingal Bay. We’ll walk through forests of angophora around Fingal Head, Snapper Point and to Samurai. A walk along the sandy shores will bring us back to our abode; we might even have a cool dip in the ocean! Pre-dinner nibbles and dinner await.
Activity: Hiking – 19km
Hiking Grade: Grade 4
Meals Included: Breakfast, morning tea, trail snacks, lunch, pre-dinner nibbles and dinner.
Accommodation: Luxury Glamping Tent with ensuite
Day 3 – Sunday, 16th June 2024
This morning, we get a bit of a sleep-in and have time to enjoy a delicious cooked breakfast. After we have packed our trail snacks, we'll walk out to the beach and pick up where we left off the day before. Today’s walk is shorter but no less stunning. We wander through ancient volcanic rock landscapes across secluded bays and lovely beaches. We’ll celebrate completing the Tomaree Coastal Walk with lunch at Anna Bay, then shuttle you back to your car to bid farewell to our fellow adventurers and make our way home with memories of a fabulous weekend.
Activity: Hiking 8kms
Hiking Grade: Grade 3/4
Meals Included: Breakfast, morning tea, trail snacks, lunch
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I need to bring?
We'll send you a full packing list closer to the adventure date. You only need to carry your day-pack during our walks.
- Small Day Pack for personal first aid, water, warm clothes, waterproof jacket, snacks/lunch (all food provided)
- Toiletries and a beach towel
- Hiking/outdoor wear and comfortable evening clothes
- Any alcoholic beverages you may want
How fit do I need to be?
You'll need a moderate to high level of fitness for this three-day weekend, the walks we do are graded 3 and 4. We walk on uneven ground with some elevation, especially on day 1. We walk along and across several beaches, including several kilometres walking on sand. If you'd like to discuss if this adventure is for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; we'll happily give you a call.
Do I need experience?
Nope, just a good level of fitness! Just come along and enjoy this beautiful part of the world.
I'm not sure this adventure is for me?! What about this then...
- Luxury Glamping tent accommodation in Port Stephens
- All meals provided and made with love
- Pre-dinner nibbles and a drink with your fellow adventurers by the fire pit and the beach
- Some of the most stunning scenery in the world!
- A couple of added WEA surprises along the way
- And best of all, we do all the hard work for you. All you have to do is turn up, walk and enjoy; everything else is done for you!
How many women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. We have a maximum capacity of 10 women plus your WEA hosts.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure hosts will make sure you meet everyone when you arrive on Thursday. We always have lots of fun; there's no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the weekend, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
I want to come with my friend/friends...
Just let us know who you are coming with when you book, and we will be sure to match you in a room share with them.
Can bad weather conditions affect my adventure?
Wet weather will not cause this adventure to be cancelled. If the weather proves to be dangerous, we may have to alter the itinerary, though. As we are staying in beautiful accommodation in a gorgeous part of NSW, we'll be sure to have a fantastic time if Mother Nature is not kind to us.
Nitty Gritty and Bits and Bobs:
By making a booking, you agree to and accept our terms and conditions, including these Terms and Conditions, and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once your payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you.
This is a women's only adventure.
Valid for travel for 14 June 2024 departure.
Valid for sale until sold out.
Advertised prices are per person, twin share and do not include travel insurance.
Prices are correct as of 29 November 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
Full price $1140 (2-night adventure). Own room supplement additional $200, full payment is required to secure your booking.
Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. Your booking is non-transferable.
· Prior to 90 days before the trip departure, we reserve the right to charge any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Between 90-60 days before trip departure-75% Of the Adventure Cost plus any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Between 59-30 days before trip departure- 85% Of the Adventure Cost plus any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Within 30 days of the trip departure - 100% Of the Adventure Cost
· Once the trip has commenced, there will be no refunds granted.
· Travel insurance is recommended for all our adventures
We hope you can join us!
Sharon and Kat x
- Ticket type
Tomaree Weekend Single Room
Tomaree Coastal Walk Weekend, two -night, all-inclusive weekend walking adventure. Full Price $1340, single roomPrice$1,340.00
GST includedTax: GST included
- Ticket type
Tomaree Weekend Twin / Triple
Tomaree Coastal Walk Weekend, two -night, all-inclusive weekend walking adventure. Full Price $1140, twin / triple sharePrice$1,140.00
GST includedTax: GST includedSold Out