Women Embrace the Six Foot Track Weekend Hiking Adventure
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Women Embrace Adventure have partnered with Peak Potential Adventures to bring you a professionally guided and fully supported 3-day adventure/two-day trek of the historic Six Foot Track in the Blue Mountains. This trek is regarded as one of New South Wales most iconic overnight treks. The Six Foot Track is a 45-kilometre old horse and cart route that was built in the late 1800s to ferry supplies between Katoomba and Jenolan Caves. One of the highlights will be to stay overnight in the tranquil Six Foot Track Eco Lodge which is nestled in bushland just back from the beautiful Cox’s River. Sunday starts with a crossing of the famous Bowtells Swing Bridge as the team makes its way towards Megalong Valley. Finish the trek at the historic Explorer’s Tree where Gregory Blaxland, William Lawson and William Charles Wentworth, the explorers who achieved the first known successful crossing of the Blue Mountains of New South Wales by European settlers, carved their initials in 1813. The trek is both challenging and fun. Because this trek is accompanied by a support vehicle most of the way, which carries your overnight gear, you’ll only need to carry a daypack. All you have to do is bring some basic equipment like comfortable walking shoes, a warm jacket and pants and enjoy the scenery, the challenge, the serenity and the great company of like-minded women on this two-day weekend trek. Whether you come on your own, with a friend or in a group, Women Embrace Adventure guides provide a welcoming, inclusive environment where you can challenge yourself on a fully supported adventure.
- Welcome drinks and dinner with the group on Friday night
- Stunning views walking down Black Range
- Stay in the beautiful private Eco Lodge nestled back in bushland from Coxs River
- Enjoy the company of fellow trekkers and adventurers
- Cross the famous Bowtells Swing Bridge over Coxs River
- Stunning views of the Blue Mountains walking through the Megalong Valley
- Enjoy a beautifully cooked, fully catered dinner at the end of the first day walking at the Eco Lodge
- Weather permitting, take a dip in the beautiful rock pools near the Eco Lodge
- Relax in the private Eco Lodge and enjoy the natural peace and serenity
- Enjoy close encounters with some of the local wildlife, flora and fauna
- Walk-through the beautiful Nellies Glen rainforest near the end of the trek
- Disconect from daily life for the weekend and take in the great outdoors.
- Date: Friday 28th May - Sunday 30th May 2021
- Time: 3-day tour – starting at 5:00 pm on Friday 28th May, finishing approx 2 pm Sunday 30th May 2020
- Start and finish point: Katoomba
3 day Adventure $890pp
- 2 nights accommodation (Friday night Katoomba, Saturday night Ecolodge)
- 2 Women Embrace Hosts to ensure you have the best experience possible. This means all you have to do is walk, your hosts will make sure everything else is taken care of.
- 2 Peak Potential Guides who have done this walk many times and has a wealth of knowledge on all things Six Foot Track related.
- A 10km training hike with your 6-foot track team on Sunday 7th March We will take on Heaton Gap, a 10km round trip. The hike is graded 4/hard so will be a great practice run for the Six Foot Track. We will start bright and early to beat the heat. All details, including what to bring will be sent to you well before the training day.
- Women Embrace Adventure Buff
- Friday Dinner and welcome drink in Katoomba
- All food while on the Six Foot Track including: Saturday-Breakfast pack, morning tea (including hot drinks and WEAs famous baked goods), healthy lunch of wraps and sandwiches, afternoon nibbles and a delicious hot dinner at the Eco Lodge. Sunday- a hot cooked buffet breakfast, morning tea, a snack pack of goodies to get you through the day and a delicious healthy lunch waiting for you as you cross the finish line.
Itinerary: Day 1 – Friday 28th May – Meet in Katoomba
We will meet you at the accommodation at 5:00 pm to check you in, get settled and walk to our dinner destination for a drink and a bite to eat. this is a perfect opportunity to get to know your fellow hikers, share some past adventure stories and have a laugh.
Meals Included: Dinner
Accommodation: Katoomba TBA
Day 2 – Saturday 29th May – Jenolan Caves to Coxs River
Trekking Time: 8-9 hours (will vary depending on team speed, breaks etc.)
Distance: 30km - yes thats right 30kms but with the right preperation you can do it!
Meals Included: Breakfast, morning tea, trail snacks, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
Accommodation: Six Foot Track Eco Lodge
We will meet our partners from Peak Potential Adventures at 6:15 am and take our transport to Jenolan Caves to start the trek. The trek will start at around 8:00 AM from Jenolan Caves once the team is organised. We will trek up the right of the Jenolan Caves Conservation Area which is a steep feature as we climb out of Jenolan Caves. 30kms, lots of laughter, life stories and beautiful scenery later we find ourselves at the Six Foot Track Eco Lodge where we enjoy a beautifully cooked meal and sit around and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this beautiful setting. After dinner, play cards, chat, have a glass of wine, read a book or just sit and relax, the choice is yours.
Day 3 – Sunday 30th May – Coxs River to Explorer’s Tree (Katoomba)
Trekking Time: 5-6 hours (will vary depending on team speed, breaks etc.)
Meals Included: buffet breakfast, trail snacks, morning tea and lunch. Today is a much shorter day, but we will wake around 6.00 AM to have a delicious cooked buffet breakfast and aim to head off toward Katoomba (Explorer’s Tree) from the ecolodge around 7:30 am. We walk across the famous Bowtells Swing Suspension Bridge that spans the Coxs River. The views in this area are magnificent. After we navigate the bridge, we will be treated to amazing sweeping views out to the Blue Mountains and Katoomba….we are getting closer now. We pass Dryridge Vineyard as we head towards the Megalong Cemetary. After a break and refuel we head towards the Megalong Village which is another 3.7km away. Before we take on the last section, we have another quick break before start going up for about 4.6km up through Nellies Glen. Yep, there are some very steep sections that we now call “Dummy Spit Hill." We finish at Explorers Tree where we celebrate our achievments and share a delicious picnic lunch together.
How fit do I need to be?
We recommend a moderately high level of fitness to complete this trek. We walk 30kms on Saturday and a further 15kms on Sunday and some sections are hard going. If you would like to discuss if this adventure is for you please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll happily give you a call.
Do I need experience?
We do recommend that you have been hiking in some capacity before you take on this adventure.
How many women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. For this adventure, we have a maximum capacity of 14 plus your WEA hosts and PPA guides.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure hosts will make sure everyone is introduced before we head to dinner on Friday. We always have lots of fun, there's no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the weekend, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
Are there showers and toilets at the Eco Lodge? Yes, there is, however, the shower is outside of the lodge and may only have cold water. But remember we are only out in the great outdoors for about 30 hours so it is not a problem. If the weather is warm enough we may take a afternoon dip in the beautiful Coxs River to freshen up. The Eco lodge has enviro friendly drop toilets.
Will bad weather conditions affect my tour?
Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of a hiking tour. Wind and storms, on the other hand, can cause cancellations. If the wind is strong enough to be a potential safety risk, we will contact you in the days before the tour to discuss your options.
Cancellations that are made due to weather conditions made by Women Embrace Adventure are entitled to a full refund or we can transfer your booking to a rescheduled date if it suits you.
Once payment is made it is non-refundable. However, if you absolutely cannot make it after registration and payment is made you may transfer your tour to another person ( please be aware these are women-only tours and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age and who meet the requirements of the tour)
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
Terms and Conditions: Payment for WEA weekend adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18 who meets this tours requirements, please email us before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c). By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please get in touch at email@example.com.
We hope you can join us!
Sharon and Kat x
- Sold Out3 day - 6 Foot Track Trek$890GST included$890GST included0$0
- For Jane Ferguson$890GST included$890GST included0$0