Women Embrace Tasmania March 2021
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Join Women Embrace Adventure and walk the rugged south-east coast of Tasmania on this fully supported and professionally guided 6 day/5 night adventure. Discover the pristine and wild Tasman National Park with a new and different adventure each day.
Witness the towering cliff faces of the Tasman Peninsula, home to the awe-inspiring Three Capes. Made up of Cape Raoul, Cape Hauy and Cape Pillar, the Three Capes are considered by many to be the most unique coastal landmark in Australia – if not the world.
Your adventure will take you to the summit of Mount Brown, where you’ll experience breathtaking panoramic views of Crescent Bay, Cape Raoul and Cape Pillar. You’ll also trek the coastline from Waterfall Bay to Fortescue Bay.
On day 5, you’ll head to the water for an optional three-hour wilderness cruise of Tasman Island, Cape Pillar and the coastline up to Eaglehawk Neck with award-winning Pennicott Wilderness Journey to get even closer to the local sea life who call this exquisite and untouched region home. Learn about the infamous history of the Port Arthur convict settlement during a delicious team dinner, set within the gates of Port Arthur and overlooking the world-renowned historic site.
While hiking you’ll get to experience the best of what the Three Capes and the Tasman Peninsula has to offer each day and then head back to your four-star accommodation at Stewarts Bay Lodge in Port Arthur to refresh, dine on seasonal meals made from the freshest local produce, and prepare for your next day’s exploration. Stewarts Bay Lodge is nestled between the beach and the forest, where you will sleep to the sound of the calming ocean, amongst the world heritage national park.
Whether you come on your own, with a friend or in a group, Women Embrace Adventure provide a welcoming, inclusive environment where you can enjoy and challenge yourself.
· Four days of trekking exploring the most iconic locations of the Three Capes and the Tasman Peninsula
· 2 nights with the team in Hobart including time at the iconic Salamanca Markets
· Carry only a daypack for a comfortable and casual adventure experience
· Trek to Cape Raoul, Cape Hauy and Fortescue Bay from Waterfall Bay, and climb Mount Brown with a side trek to Crescent
· A three-hour wilderness cruise with Pennicott Wilderness Journeys (optional and at own cost)
· Close encounters with abundant sea life around Tasman Island and Cape Pillar
· Discover local Tasmanian flora and fauna on your daily treks
· Four-star accommodation at Stewarts Bay Lodge
· A-la-carte breakfasts and dinners at Gabriel’s on the Bay
· One night’s dinners at renowned restaurant 1830, situated in Port Arthur’s historic site
· Professionally catered pre-packed lunches and snacks prepared for your trekking day
· Enjoy the company of like-minded adventurous women
· Disconnect from daily life and take in the pristine Tasmanian scenery
· After a day trekking, relax and unwind with a glass of wine or take a stroll along Stewarts Bay or Port Arthur.
Your Package Includes:
· Professional guides with first aid and extensive outdoor adventure guiding experience
· Wilderness first aid qualified Women embrace Adventure Host
· 2 nights Accommodation in Hobart (the night before and night after 3 Capes walk)
· 3 nights twin share accommodation in two bedroom, two bathroom deluxe chalet at the four-star Stewarts Lodge (single supplement is available upon request at an additional cost)
· Welcome Dinner on the first night and Celebration Dinner on last night in Hobart
· 2 breakfasts at Hobart hotel
· 2 dinners at Gabriel’s on the Bay restaurant
· 1 dinner at the ‘1830’ Bar & Grill restaurant in Port Arthur historic site
· 3 a-la-carte breakfasts at Gabriels on the Bay restaurant
· 4 pre-packed lunches, morning tea and trail snacks prepared by the chefs at Gabriels on the Bay
· Transport to and from Hobart to your Port Arthur Accommodation Stewarts Bay Lodge, all transport to and from treks and activities.
· Professional guiding and support each day (1 Women Embrace Adventure hosts and 2 Peak Potential Guides)
· Emergency support: guides carry satellite phones, walkie talkies, are wilderness first aid qualified and carry a full first aid kit
· Women Embrace Adventure team shirt and buff
· Emergency remote communications and group first aid kit
· All national park permits
· Photos of your adventure that will be shared with you for download after the adventure
· Guaranteed fun and laughter for the entire trip
Package Does Not Include:
· Return airfares to Hobart, Tasmania
· Alcoholic drinks and beverages at the restaurant dinners
· Additional resort room charges.
· Transport to and from airport to hotel in Hobart
OVERVIEW OF THE ADVENTURE
Tour Length: 5 nights/ 6 days
Start Date: This adventure will start in Hobart on Monday 15th March 2021
Finish Date: The tour will finish in Hobart on Saturday 20th March 2021
Distance Walked: approx. 50kms over 4 days
Fitness Level: A moderate to a high level of fitness is required. The Three Capes Walking Adventure is a series of day walks in graded stages, people with a moderate level of fitness can complete the walk. Preparation will make the experience all the more enjoyable. You should be able to walk at least 8-9 hours with a light daypack weighing approximately 4kgs. The longest hike is the Waterfall Bay to Fortescue Bay which is approximately 18kms and 8-9 hours of walking depending on teams speed, so, if you can walks with regular rests over this distance and time with a light daypack, you will be able to complete this trip. Preparation and some training before your adventure will help to make it all the more enjoyable, we are here to help with that!
Group Size: Maximum 12 plus your WEA hosts and Guides– this ensures everyone has a great time and gets to know each other.
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced over our welcome dinner. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of our Tassie trip, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
Recommended Age: Women who are 18 and above
Accommodation: All accommodation is twin share and is a combination of a perfectly located hotel in Hobart and the Stewarts Bay Lodge Accommodation while we are walking. We can offer a single supplement at an additional cost.
The full cost of the tour is AU $2,790/pp twin share*
This amount covers all inclusions outlined on page 2, “Your Package Includes”
*T&C apply see below. Limited single supplements may be available.
· Have a moderate level of fitness
· Travel insurance - We will require proof of travel insurance and recommend purchasing at the same time as booking. You can choose your own travel insurance or we can put you in contact with our preferred travel agent.
HOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT
A non-refundable deposit of $600 is required to secure your spot (remember this amazing trip is open to a maximum of only 12 lucky ladies)
(The below is a brief outline of the Itinerary and may be subject to small changes before and during adventure)
DAY 1: Monday 15th March 2021, Hobart
Arrive at your leisure into Hobart and make your way to the accommodation to check in. Meet your WEA host and the entire team for a welcome drink and dinner where we will get to know each other.
DAY 2: Tuesday 16th March 2021, Hobart to Port Arthur
Todays Hike – Mount Brown and Crescent Bay
Hiking Time: 4 hours (will vary depending on team speed, breaks, etc.)
Distance: 9km (return)
Meals Included: Breakfast, morning tea, pre-packed lunch & trail snacks prepared by the chef, a-la-carte dinner at Gabriel’s on the Bay
DAY 3: Wednesday 17th March 2021, Port Arthur
Todays Hike – Cape Raoul
Hiking Time: 5 hours (will vary depending on team speed, breaks, etc.)
Distance: 14km (return)
Meals Included: a-la-carte breakfast at Gabriel's on the Bay, morning tea, pre-packed lunch & trail snacks prepared by the chef, dinner at 1830 Bar & Grill
DAY 4: Thursday 18th March 2021, Port Arthur
Todays Hike – Waterfall Bal to Fortescue Bay
Hiking Time: 8-9 hours (will vary depending on team speed, breaks, etc.)
Distance: 18km (one-way trek)
Meals Included: a-la-carte breakfast at Gabriel's on the Bay, morning tea, pre-packed lunch & trail snacks prepared by the chef, a-la-carte dinner at Gabriel's on the Bay
DAY 5 – Friday 19th March 2021, Port Arthur to Hobart
Todays Hike- Cape Hauy plus Afternoon Cape Pillar Wilderness Cruise (Optional)
Trekking Time: 4 hours (will vary depending on team speed, breaks, etc.)
Distance: 8km (return)
Meals Included: a-la-carte breakfast at Gabriel's on the Bay, morning tea & pre-packed lunch & trail snacks prepared by the chef (option for lunch in Port Arthur prior to the wilderness cruise)
DAY 6 – Saturday 20th March 2021 Hobart / Salamanca Markets
After breakfast, we would love you to join us for a wander around Salamanca Markets. The markets are located on Hobarts Picturesque waterfront and are one of Australias largest and most vibrant outdoor markets. After Lunch, which is at your own cost as there will be so many delicious food stalls to chose from we will leave it to you to choose. After we are finished at the markets we will part ways, leaving new found friends and many memories of an adventure we are sure you will treasure forever.
1 – When should I book airfares?
Only book airfares AFTER you receive a confirmation via email from Women Embrace Adventure letting you know it is ok to book flights. Airfares are not included in the package price, you will need to book and pay for your own airfare. We have a preferred travel agent and will share these details with you when it is time to book flights.
Travel insurance – Is Required. You can choose your own travel insurance or our preferred travel professional, can organize this for you.
2 - How fit do I need to be to participate in this Tasman adventure?
You should be able to walk at least 8-9 hours with a light day pack weighing up to 4kg. Anyone should be able to undertake the various day treks on this Three Capes and the Tasman Peninsula trek with a reasonable level of fitness and health. The longest trek is the Waterfall Bay to Fortescue Bay which is approximately 18km and 8-9 hours of walking depending on team’s speed, so, if you can walk with regular rests over this distance and time with a light day pack, you’ll comfortably complete this adventure itinerary. If in doubt, check with your GP and drop us an email, we're happy to answer any questions you have.
3 - What do I need to bring with me?
Think of your gear requirements in 2 parts. The first part for around the accommodation before and after the day treks and the second part for the day treks themselves. Really, you don't need to bring that much.
We will send you a full packing list a couple of months out from our trip. Below is an example of what you will need to bring along.
· Normal going out clothes for around the accommodation and dinner
· Hiking books/shoes for hiking during the day
· Hiking shirts and pants
· Warm layers, jacket and pants to cover all weather conditions. You never know what you are going to get in Tassie
· Comfortable socks for 4 days of hiking
· day pack
· Sun hat
· Your own basic first aid such as blister bandaids, Panadol, ibuprofen and your personal medication. Your WEA host and guide will carry a fully equipped first aid kit during the day treks and is wilderness first aid trained.
4 - HOW MUCH SPENDING MONEY WILL I NEED?
This largely depends on you. All accommodation, activities outlined on the itinerary, breakfasts, lunch and dinners and snacks are included on the Adventure. You need to pay for your Wilderness cruise if you choose to go or you may want to take up the opportunity for the helicopter flight over the Capes on the last day (a fantastic experience), this is at your own cost. Any extra food (lunch on day 6), beverage and souvenirs along the way are also at your own cost. So really you don’t need much at all.
5 - WHEN DOES MY DEPOSIT HAVE TO BE PAID?
The non-refundable $600 deposit needs to be paid upon booking. Places are limited to 12 so we recommend you do this as soon as possible. Once we have received your deposit we will send you a confirmation email. If you do not receive this within 48 hours, please check your junk/spam email folders and let us know if you cannot see it. We will also close of registrations for this Trip on 18th January (If not full beforehand) to ensure enough time to get prepared and get ready for your trip.
6 - WHAT IS THE CANCELATION POLICY?
Notice of cancellation must be in writing, with an email as an acceptable form of communication, directly to Women Embrace Adventure with the following conditions:
- A $600 Non-Refundable Deposit is required to secure a place and must be paid at the time of booking.
- Full Payment is Due 75 days prior to travel (December 30 2020)
- Cancellation Fees Apply as below:
- between 75 - 30 days prior to trip departure - 75% Of the Tour Cost
- between 29 - 15 days prior to trip departure - 85% Of the Tour Cost
- Within 14 days of the trip departure - 100% Of the Tour Cost
No refund is available after departure of a tour has commenced. See full T&C's below.
7 - WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person, twin share and do not include return airfares. Prices are correct as of 1 June 2020 and are subject to availability. Women Embrace Adventure reserve the right withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency. A non-refundable deposit of $600 per person is required to secure a booking. Full price $2,790. You will be invoiced for the final balance of payment which is due 30th December 2020. This is a women’s only tour, all prices are per person based on twin share. Credit card fees apply.
Cancellation Fees Apply: between 75 - 30 days prior to trip departure - 75% Of the Tour Cost. between 29 - 15 days prior to trip departure - 85% Of the Tour Cost. Within 14 days of the trip departure - 100% Of the Tour Cost
Please read full T&C and disclaimer www.womenembraceadventure.com.au
Disclaimer: if this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip.
- Sold OutDeposit Women Embrace Tasmania$600GST included$600GST included0$0
- Sold OutTassie Wilderness Cruise$140GST included$140GST included0$0