Sat, 24 Oct|
Women Embrace Surfing
Join Women Embrace Adventure and connect with other like-minded women on this Surfing Adventure. Warm-up with some gentle yoga then finish the morning with surfing instruction and a delicious picnic morning tea.
Time & Location
24 Oct 2020, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Blacksmiths Beach, Blacksmiths Beach, New South Wales, Australia
About The Adventure
Women Embrace Adventure is excited to bring you an amazing surfing adventure! Come and connect with other like-minded women and take part in a morning of surfing & yoga finished off with a delicious morning tea. We will start the morning with yoga-inspired surf warm-up, to get you ready for a 90 minute surf session with experienced and qualified female instructors. The intimate setting of this event means that there will be a max 4 students per 1 surf instructor so you'll get individual attention and tips to get the most out of the session.
This event is for you if you are a woman that wants to:
- learn to surf or improve their surfing in a fun and supportive environment
- nurture themselves thru movement and yoga
- connect with other likeminded women
Date: Saturday 24th October 2020
Meeting Time: 8:45 am for a 9:00 am start
Meeting Point: Blacksmiths, NSW with gentle waves perfect for learning (depending on weather and tides we may move the session to Caves Beach – we'll send you a text with all the details and exact meeting place the week before the event) Details of the exact meeting point will be sent to you via email and text closer to the date.
Maximum Numbers: This adventure is available for 8 lucky ladies- 4 participants per instructor
Fitness Level: A moderate level of fitness is required
Age: Participants must be 18 years or older
Experience: No experience needed
Cost: $145 pp
- Women Embrace Adventure Wilderness first aid qualified host
- Qualified surf instructors from Women Soulful Surf
- Yoga-inspired pre-surf warmup
- 1.5hr Surf session with female instructors, max 4 participants per 1 instructor, you get individual attention and tips
- Use of high-quality soft-top surfboard and rash shirts
- Delicious healthy morning tea including Sharon's famous baked goods, warm drinks and other goodies ( we can cater for most dietary requirements so please let us know of any upon registration)
- Photos of your adventure will be added to the event page after the event for you to download
- Guaranteed day of fun and laughter with a bunch of amazing women
What do I need to bring?
- Wetsuit (a wetsuit is recommended as the water can still be cold at the end of October however you can also just wear swimmers and a rashie if you don’t have a wet suit)
- Personal medications (ie: asthma puffer, EpiPen)
- Water bottle with at least 2 litres of water
- Additional clothes to put on after surfing in case of cold weather
- Your sense of humour and adventure
How fit do I need to be?
Although you do not have to have any surfing experience we do ask that you have a moderate level of fitness due to the nature of this adventure. You need to be able to swim unaided for this adventure.
Do I need experience?
Definitely not! This adventure is for all ladies and no surfing experience is required. We have qualified instructors who will give you personalised attention no matter what your surfing experience.
How many women will be on this adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at Women Embrace Adventure to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. There will be a max of 8 ladies plus your WEA host and surfing instructors.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced before we start the session. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the adventure, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
Will bad weather conditions affect my tour?
Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of a surfing adventure, in fact, some of the best surfing conditions are in the rain. Wind and stormy weather that cause havoc with the ocean, on the other hand, can cause cancellations. If the weather is a potential safety risk, we will contact you in the days before the tour to discuss your options. Cancellations that are made due to weather conditions made by Women Embrace Adventure are entitled to a full refund, or we can transfer your booking to another day.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands before joining us and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
Terms and Conditions: Payment for WEA half-day adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18, please email us at least 24 hrs before the adventure to provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c). By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please get in touch at email@example.com.
We hope you can join us!
Sharon and Kat x
- Ticket type
Women Embrace Surfing
Women Embrace Surfing - Saturday 24th OctoberPrice$145.00
GST includedTax: GST includedSold Out
This event is sold out