Sun, 17 Mar|
Women Embrace Remarkable Snowy Mountains
We are going on tour to the Snowy Mountains! We'll walk the highest mountains in Australia in Kosciuszko National Park. Fabulous granite formations, green alpine meadows and broad views in all directions make for an excellent walking holiday.
Time & Location
17 Mar 2024, 4:00 pm – 23 Mar 2024, 5:00 pm
Thredbo, Thredbo NSW 2625, Australia
About The Adventure
Explore Kosciuszko National Park featuring the highest mountains in Australia!
Fabulous granite formations, green alpine meadows and broad views in all directions make for an excellent walking holiday.
This adventure gives you the opportunity to escape and explore our alpine environment with a bunch of REMARKABLE women!
Be sure to check out the itinerary. A couple of days are over 16kms in length ... The good news is it is so stunning the time on the legs is totally worth it AND we all have plenty of time to train and get ourselves ready.
Adventure Length: 7 days/6 nights
Start and Finish Location: Canberra, ACT
Start Date: Sunday, March 17 2024
Finish Date: Saturday, March 23 2024
Hike Distance: approx 70 km hiking over seven days
Fitness Level: The hikes are graded 4 and a moderate to high level of fitness is required.
For more information on the grading system we use, click here
Preparation will make the experience all the more enjoyable; check out our Training Ideas here
Group Size: Maximum 10 (plus your WEA hosts)
Accommodation: Twin Share Accommodation in a combination of Canberra hotel and an alpine lodge in the Snowy Mountains. Single supplements may be available at an extra cost.
Your Package Includes:
Two Women Embrace Adventure Leaders (both Wilderness First Aid qualified) who will drive, cook, lead walks and care for you.
- 6 evening meals, including welcome dinner on night one, with a focus on fresh local seasonal produce.
- 6 Breakfasts, a mix of continental and cooked breakfast depending on the day
- 6 Lunches
- Morning/afternoon tea and snacks each day on the tour
- 6 nights twin-share ensuite accommodation: 1-night Hotel in Canberra, 5 nights lodge accommodation in Crackenback in the Snowy Mountains
- A visit to the village of Cooma for some shopping, a walk through a local photographer's gallery and a great village for a wander
- Emergency communications and first aid kits carried by your wilderness first aid qualified guides
- Licencing, park and lift fees
- Transport from Canberra to the Snowy Mountains and returning back to Canberra in a comfortable 12-seater mini-coach with a trailer attached for luggage.
- Guaranteed fun, laughter and, as usual, some Women Embrace Adventure surprises along the way!
Your Package DOES NOT include:
- Flights or travel to Canberra
- Travel Insurance-required
- Alcohol (you are welcome to BYO, we'll make a stop in Canberra for this)
How to secure your spot:
Book now and pay your non-refundable deposit of $600 to secure your spot, payable by credit card or PayPal. Balance due 19 November 2023.
Cost: $3,265 AUD/person twin share
What to Bring:
- Day Pack with sturdy waist strap
- Water bottle/bladder – at least 2-litre capacity
- Personal toiletries and medication
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Towel - for the spa at our accommodation and if you'd like to take a refreshing dip in the alpine rivers!
- Walking boots or shoes, well worn in, with good tread
- Walking poles, if you use them
- Wet weather jacket/pants
- Warm jacket and layers - it can be cold at any time of the year in the Snowy Mountains!
- Comfortable walking clothes
- Sun hat
- Beanie, gloves and puffer jacket for our sunrise walk and for cool weather/evenings
- Optional – camera, binoculars, mobile phone (reception is patchy along the walk)
We hope you can join us on this amazing adventure.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Sharon on 0467504879 with any questions.
xSharon and Kat
Now the nitty-gritty and bits and bobs...
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's
*Terms and Conditions apply
By making a booking you agree to and accept our terms and conditions, including these Terms and Conditions, our Covid-19 Policy and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you.
This is a women's only adventure.
Valid for travel for 17 March 2024 departure.
Valid for sale until sold out.
Advertised prices are per person, twin share and do not include return airfares/transport to start in Canberra or required travel insurance.
Prices are correct as of 10 April 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
A non-refundable deposit of $600 per person is required to secure your booking.
You will be invoiced for the balance owing, which is due Nov 19 2023 and is payable via direct deposit, PayPal or credit card.
All current government safety and health guidelines at the time of booking and departure must be adhered to, including all Covid-19 requirements. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. Your booking is non-transferable.
Cancellation Fees Apply:
· Prior to 90 days before the trip departure, we reserve the right to charge any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Between 90-60 days before trip departure-75% Of the Adventure Cost plus any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Between 59-30 days before trip departure- 85% Of the Adventure Cost plus any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Within 30 days of the trip departure - 100% Of the Adventure Cost
· Once the trip has commenced, there will be no refunds granted.
· It is required that you have a purchased comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking and maintained until the end of the adventure.
If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, WEA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip.
Deposit Only Snowy Mountains
Deposit only Snowy Mountain multi-day adventure. Full pri$3,265 AUD$600.00