Sat, 06 Apr|
Women Embrace Kayaking & Camping Weekend - Myall Lakes NSW
Experience the sheer delight of paddling on the stunning Myall Lakes! For two incredible days on the water, let us handle every detail – from the kayaking and camping equipment to all your meals. Just show up, paddle, soak in the breathtaking views, and we'll take care of everything else!
Time & Location
06 Apr 2024, 10:00 am – 07 Apr 2024, 2:00 pm
Bombah Point, Korsmans Trail, Bombah Point NSW 2423, Australia
About The Adventure
Join us for an unforgettable weekend of adventure amidst the stunning Myall Lakes this March, embracing the perfect autumn weather for an exciting paddling experience!
Nestled on the North Coast near Newcastle, Myall Lakes National Park boasts one of the State’s largest coastal lake systems. These interconnected lakes, forming a protected marine park, create an ideal setting for our kayaking weekend. Immerse yourself in the diverse bird, animal, and aquatic life as you paddle through these picturesque waters.
Our journey kicks off and concludes at Bombah Point, NSW, where we paddle approximately 10-12 km each day, requiring a moderate level of fitness. Enjoy leisurely paddling through warm lake waters, forget your everyday stresses, and revel in the breathtaking scenery. We camp at a secluded site accessible only by water, indulging in nibbles, sunset drinks, a delicious camp-style dinner, and free time for bush exploration, swimming, and laughter around the campfire.
You will navigate the waters in double Mirage sea kayaks—stable and user-friendly. No kayak experience? No worries! Full instruction will be provided, and on day one, we'll pair you up with a friend or another lady with similar experience.
- Date: Saturday 6th -Sunday 7th April 2024
- Meeting Time: 9:45 am for a 10:00 am start
- Meeting Point: Bombah Point, NSW (Near Bulahdelah). Details of the exact meeting point will be sent to you after registration.
- Maximum Numbers: 8 plus your WEA hosts and professional kayak guide
- Activity / Fitness Level: Moderate To see if this activity is fit for you check out our Activity / Fitness Guide
- Experience: minimal kayak experience needed
- Length: We will Kayak between 10 - 12 kms each day
- Cost: $590 pp
What is included:
- Kayak and all kayaking equipment including PDF/lifejacket
- Safety briefing and kayak instruction
- Camping fees
- All meals provided. Saturday - lunch, snacks, sunset drink and nibbles, dinner. Sunday - breakfast, snacks and lunch.
- All cooking equipment
- Camping gear including tents, sleeping mats and dry bags
- Women Embrace Adventure Kayak adventure guide - Wilderness first aid qualified
- Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) host to ensure you have the most amazing, stress free weekend possible - first aid trained
- Photos of your amazing adventure will be posted on the Facebook event page after the weekend for you to download
- Lots of fun and some WEA surprises and goodies along the way
- Transport to and from the start and end point - Bombah Point, NSW
- Travel Insurance
- NP parking fees ($8 a day - this will be sorted when we arrive at our starting point)
Cost: 2-day Adventure, All meals, Camp and Kayak Equipment $590 pp
What you need to wear/bring with you: (full packing list provided)
- Clothing - Good news, you won't need a lot, we'll give you a list closer to the event to ensure you're ready for all weather conditions. It's a very small list as all your belongings will go into your kayak! We'll give you a 15L dry back to pack all of your belongings into.
- Shoes to wear during the paddle (old joggers or water shoes are good - thongs are not so good)
- Shoes to wear around the campsite at night - sneakers/enclosed shoes are a good idea, throw in your thongs as well
- Small sleeping bag that will pack into a 15L dry bag
- Personal Medications
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bug spray
- Camera /phone to take photos (keep them in a dry bag or 2 ziplock bags)
- Small towel (there are no showers but the lake is the perfect spot for an afternoon or early morning dip)
- Snacks - we will provide lots of snacks but just in case you have any special favourites
Get ready for a weekend filled with adventure, laughter, and unforgettable moments at Myall Lakes!
Frequently Asked Questions
How fit do I need to be?
As we will be paddling at a leisurely pace between 10 and 12kms a day, so you'll need a moderate level of fitness. If you are unsure if this adventure is for you please drop us an email at email@example.com with your details and we will give you a call to discuss.
Do I need experience?
We do recommend that you have paddled in some capacity before this adventure. We'll give you a comprehensive briefing before we start on equipment use, safety and what to expect while on the paddling. We also offer tips to improve your technique to make things easier and more enjoyable for you. You need to be able to swim and be confident in water to participate.
How many women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. For this adventure, we have a maximum capacity of 8 plus your WEA hosts and kayak guide.
What if I don’t have anyone to go with?
No problem at all; there are be two WEA hosts to make sure everyone meets before we set off and that everyone gets to know each other along the way. By the end of the weekend, we are sure you would have found some new adventure friends.
Are there showers and toilets at the campsite?
Drop toilet, yes. Shower? No, there is not; we will be one with nature! We come fully prepared with a toilet kit and you can take a dip in the lake if you need to freshen up.
Will bad weather conditions affect my tour?
Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of a kayak tour; in fact, some of the best paddling conditions are in the rain. Wind, on the other hand, can cause cancellations. If the wind is strong enough to be a potential safety risk, we'll contact you in the days before the tour to discuss your options.
Am I going to get wet?
Yes and no - you will get some splash as you paddle along, and you will get wet feet getting in and out of the kayak, but generally that will be all.
How stable are the kayaks?
They are extremely stable, seaworthy and easy to use. The chances of a capsize are remote. You will be wearing a PFD (personal floatation device) at all times and the kayaks are virtually unsinkable due to their airtight compartments.
We will also give you a safety briefing before we start, explaining what to do to avoid capsizing and what to do if you do capsize!
The Nitty Gritty and Bits and Bobs:
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
By making a booking you agree to and accept our terms and conditions, including these Terms and Conditions, and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once your payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you.
No refunds will be given but you can ‘Pay it Forward’ (your spot can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18). Please email us at least 24 hours before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a credit or full refund will be provided.
This is a women's only adventure. Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person. Prices are correct as of 6 July 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
All current government safety and health guidelines at the time of booking and departure must be adhered to including all Covid-19 requirements. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip.
Domestic Travel Insurance Policy
Yep, this adventure is in Australia, but we know how important travel insurance can be if you need to change your plans, become ill or injured before or during our adventure. We suggest you source and purchase travel insurance upon booking. Better safe than sorry!
We hope you can join us! Sharon and Kat
- Ticket type
Myall Lakes Kayak and Camp
Myall Lakes 2 day, Kayak and Camp Weekend. April 2024Price$590.00
GST includedTax: GST included