Women Embrace Hiking - Wondabyne, Pindar Caves and Kariong Brook Falls
Time & Location
About The Adventure
This great walk goes to some amazing places. Pindar Lookout, Pool and Cave and Kariong Brook Falls are the greatest features of this walk.
The adventure starts early with the train ride to Wondabyne station, the only train station in Australia that is inaccessible by road. The platform at Wondabyne is so short we need to travel in and alight from the last carriage. When we return in the afternoon, we have to flag down the train to stop for us – yep it’s all part of the adventure.
As we set off from the tiny Wondabyne station we climb onto the plateau and continue along the ridge line to Mt Pindar. From the rocky perch of Mt Pindar, Brisbane Waters National Park you will enjoy amazing views over mullet Creek, Dangar Island and the Hawkesbury river. The walk then passes over rocky terrain, through remote areas and sections that don’t have a visible track. We come across Pindar Cave which is a large expanse of overhanging rock made from sandstone and spans approx. 50m along the hillside. A great place for us to stop for morning tea. After morning tea we will continue on Pindar Waterfall – the pool and waterfall are ephemeral streams which does not guarantee it as a source of water. From the Waterfall, views over the valley can be observed.
We will then double back on our track and head to Kariong Brook Falls, a tranquil spot of the Great North Walk which is home to some lovely falls and a water hole. The eastern side of the creek has a tall sandstone cave and wall. After rain these falls can be spectacular. A great spot for lunch.
We then walk 4 kms back to Wondabyne station to flag down the next train to take us back to Woy Woy.
Date: Sunday July 25th , 2021
Meeting Time: 7:15 am - 4:30pm
Meeting Point: Woy Woy Train Station. More details of meeting point will be sent to you via email and text once you book.
Fitness Level: A high level of fitness is required. This hike covers 17kms and is graded 5 hard.
It is important you have a high level of fitness to complete this walk.
This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
Experience: Due to the grade of this hike we recomend you have had previous hiking expereince to complete this walk.
Who is this Hike for: For women 18 years+
- National Parks Licencing Fees
- WEA Wilderness first aid qualified leader
- WEA bushwalking navigation qualified leader
- A healthy packed lunch, snacks and afternoon tea including, salad wraps and home-baked goodies. We cater for dietary requirements, please let us know of anything dietary at time of booking.
- Photos of your adventure that will be posted on our Facebook event page for you
- Fun and adventure with a bunch of like minded, fun loving women!
How fit do I need to be? This bush walk covers easy to hard levels of terrain and we recomend having a high level of fitness to complete this hike. Having said this even with a high level of fitness we understand everyone walks at a differeent pace - no one gets left behind, with two Women Embrace Adventure guides at this event we will have one at the front and one at the end to support all walkers. This trail is not handicapped accessible and not pet-friendly.
What do I need to bring?
- Wear a pair of hiking boots, a sturdy pair of joggers or trail running shoes with good grip
- Comfortable active wear - moisture wicking long pants and shirts are best but not essential
- Hat, sunscreen, bug spray and sun glasses
- Any personal medication you may need
- A day pack (to carry your personal belongings, morning/afternoon tea and lunch that WEA will provide before we set off)
- A lunch box to put your lunch in - we will provide lunch and can cater for dietary requirements.
- Waterproof jacket, extra layer and spare socks (incase of cold/ wet weather)
- At least 3 litres of water (remember this is an all day hike and we will be walking for quite a few hours).
- Additional Snacks - we will bring fruit, bars, nuts and some extra snacks for everyone. If you think you need something else or have some favourites, please bring them along.
- Opal card or credit card for train
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone meets before we set off on our walk. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the walk you may have just found some new adventure friends!
How many will be on our bushwalk? We keep our adventures quite personal. On this adventure there will be no more than 12 women your plus your WEA guides.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands before joining us and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
T&C's: Payment for WEA half day and full day adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18, please email us before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c). By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Wondabyne Hike$120GST included$120GST included0$0