Women Embrace Hiking - Southern Section of Glenrock State Conservation Area
Time & Location
About The Adventure
About the Adventure: Join us to explore the less popular area of Glenrock State Conservation Area on our Women Embrace Southern Glenrock Hike! We’ll take in some postcard perfect coastal views, see terrific old growth eucalypts, walk on wet rocky plateaus, make our way through gorgeous Glenrock forest, and take in the ocean along Dudley beach. We’ll carry a homemade morning tea to snack on mid-hike and we’ll finish with a hot drink in the park when we complete our adventure. We hope you can join us.
Date: Saturday 31 July 2021
Meeting Time: 7:15 for 7:30 start
Meeting Point: Reay Park, Dudley.
Fitness Level: Moderate - High
Experience: Some bushwalking experience recommended. You must have at least a moderate fitness level and be comfortable walking on rough or wet terrain with steps and steep inclines and descents.
About the Walk: This walk is rated Grade 4. We’ll walk 8-9kms over a variety of terrain including uneven ground with many steps, wet rocky plateaus and soft sand. Some areas of this walk will be wet and slippery, even when there has been no recent rain. Click here to find out more about he grading system
Toilets: There are toilets at the start (and finish) of the walk.
Car Parking: There is street parking in the suburban streets around Reay Park.
- Eco Pass, Parks Licencing Fees, Full Insurance Coverage
- First Aid qualified leader
- Morning tea including hot drinks and home-baked goodies. (We cater for dietary requirements, please let us know of anything dietary needs when booking)
- Photos of your adventure that will be posted on our facebook event page for you to save
What do I need to bring?
- day pack with waist strap (to carry your personal belongings)
- hiking boots, sturdy joggers or trail runners are needed
- comfortable, sun-protective activewear
- bug spray
- any personal medications you may need (asthma puffer/epi-pen etc)
- waterproof jacket (in case of cold/ wet weather)
- an extra warm layer in case of cold/windy weather
- at least 2 litres of water (remember we will be walking for a few hours and there are no water fill-up points along the way)
- we recommend leaving an extra set of clothes in the car in case we run into cold or wet weather
- hiking poles (optional)
How fit do I need to be to join this adventure? This hike covers approx 9 kms of moderate to hard levels of terrain. You will need a moderate/high level of fitness to join us on this walk. The hike covers some slippery downhill sections, If you're not sure if you are fit enough for the walk please contact us on email@example.com and we will be happy to give you a call to discuss. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced before we set off on this beautiful hike. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the hike, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
How many will be on our Hike? We keep our adventures quite personal. On this adventure, there will be no more than 14 women your plus your WEA guides.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands before joining us and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
Terms and Conditions: Payment for WEA half-day adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18, please email us before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c ). By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you can join us!
- Sold OutHiking Southern Glenrock$55GST included$55GST included0$0
- Sold OutNic Hoste$55GST included$55GST included0$0