Women Embrace Hiking - Cowan to Brooklyn - Full Day Adventure
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Join Women Embrace Adventure as we take on this is a popular part of the Great North Walk also known as the Jerusalem Track, with scenery ranging from foreshore to ridge top lookouts We follow the Great North Walk from Cowan Station down to the picturesque Jerusalem Bay, then climb up over a series of ridges before descending into Brooklyn . This walk is a great one way trip from station to station with numerous water views, including a circumnavigation of Brooklyn Dam whilst enjoying a wonderful diversity of flora along the way. This walk is graded hard and not for beginners however the beauty of the surrounding makes it all worth it. We estimate the hike will take approx 6 hours in total, taking into consideration morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea breaks as well as taking time to enjoy our surrounds.
Date: Sunday, April 18th, 2021
Meeting Time: 8:15 am - 3:30pm
Meeting Point: Cowan Train Station. It is only a small station so we won't miss each other. More details of meeting point will be sent to you via text a couple of days before our adventure.
Fitness Level: A high level of fitness is required Fitness Level: This hike covers 13.4kms and is graded hard. It is important you have a high level of fitness to complete this walk. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
Experience: no experience needed but you must have a high level of fitness and be confident in walking approx 14 kms
Who is this Hike for: For women 18 years and above who have a high level of fitness
What to Bring:
- Wear a pair of hiking boots, a sturdy pair of joggers or trail running shoes with good grip
- Comfortable active wear - moisture wicking long pants and shirts are best but not essential
- Hat, sunscreen, bug spray and sun glasses
- Any personal medication you may need
- A day pack (to carry your personal belongings as well as morning and afternoon tea and lunch that will be provided to you by WEA before we set off),
- A lunch box to put your lunch in so it doesnt get squashed - we will provide lunch and can cater for dietary requirements.
- Waterproof jacket, extra layer and spare socks (incase of cold/ wet weather)
- At least 3 litres of water (remember this is a all day hike and we will be walking for quite a few hours).
- Additional Snacks - we will bring fruit, bars, nuts and some extra snacks for everyone. If you have think you need something else to have some favourites please feel free touring them along.
- Opal card or credit card for train
- National Parks Licencing Fees
- WEA Wilderness first aid qualified leaders
- A healthy packed lunch, snacks and afternoon tea including, salad wraps and home-baked goodies. We cater for dietary requirements, please let us know of anything dietary at time of booking.
- Photos of your adventure that will be posted on our Facebook event page for you
- Fun and adventure with a bunch of like minded, fun loving women!
How fit do I need to be? This bush walk covers easy to moderate levels of terrain, most of it is flat and paved but there are a few moderate hills, some uneven ground and stairs so we recommend having a moderate level of fitness so you can enjoy your surroundings. No one gets left behind, with two Women Embrace Adventure guides at this event we will have one at the front and one at the end to support all walkers. This trail is not handicapped accessible and not pet-friendly.
What do I need to bring?
-day pack (to carry your personal belongings - including your food pack that will be given to you at the start of the hike)
-lunch box to pout your lunch in so it doesnt get squashed
-wear hiking boots, sturdy joggers or trail runners
-sunscreen and sun protective clothing
-hat and sunglasses
-any personal medications you may need (asthma puffer/epi-pen etc)
-waterproof jacket (in case of cold/ wet weather)
-an extra warm layer in case of cold/windy weather
-at least 2 litres of water (3 litres is better)
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced before we set off on our walk. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the walk you may have just found some new adventure friends!
How many will be on our bushwalk? We keep our adventures quite personal. On this adventure there will be no more than 12 women your plus your WEA guides.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands before joining us and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
T&C's: Payment for WEA half day and full day adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18, please email us before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c). By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please get in touch at email@example.com.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Sold OutCowan to Brooklyn Hike$105GST included$105GST included0$0