Sat, 11 Nov|
Women Embrace Kayak and Camping Adventure - Myall Lakes NSW
Paddling on the beautiful Myall Lakes is simply amazing! Let us organise every detail for two days on the water, camping equipment, all meals, everything! All you have to do is show up, paddle, enjoy the views and we'll take care of the rest...
Time & Location
11 Nov 2023, 10:00 am – 12 Nov 2023, 2:00 pm
Bombah Point, Korsmans Trail, Bombah Point NSW 2423, Australia
About The Adventure
Come join us for a weekend of adventure on the beautiful Myall Lakes this November and make the most of the great Spring weather, a perfect time for paddling!
Myall Lakes National Park, located on the North Coast, not far from Newcastle, features one of the State’s largest coastal lake systems; it's comprised of four interconnected lakes, with the waters a protected marine park. It provides the perfect location for a weekend of kayaking. The lakes support a huge diversity of bird, animal and aquatic life which you'll get up close and personal with.
Our adventure starts and finishes at Bombah Point, NSW. We paddle approximately 10 - 15 kms each day so a moderate to high level of fitness is required. These details may vary depending on the weather, wind, current etc. During the day you paddle leisurely through the warm waters of the lake system, and forget your everyday stresses as you take in the stunning scenery. We camp overnight at a secluded campsite, only accessible by water, and enjoy a few nibbles, some sunset drinks and a delicious camp-style dinner. You'll have some leisure time at camp to explore the bush, go for a swim, and most likely have a few laughs as we enjoy the serenity!
You'll be kayaking in double Mirage sea kayaks, which are extremely stable and easy to use. On day one we will pair you up with either a friend or another lady with similar kayak experience. Never been on a kayak before? Not a problem, full instruction will be provided.
- Date: Saturday 11th -Sunday 12th November 2023
- Meeting Time: 9:45 am for a 10:00 am start
- Meeting Point: Bombah Point, NSW (Near Bulahdelah). Details of the exact meeting point will be sent to you after registration.
- Maximum Numbers: 8 plus your WEA hosts and professional kayak guide
- Fitness Level: A moderate level of fitness is required
- Experience: minimal kayak experience needed
- Length: We will Kayak between 10 - 15kms each day
- Cost: $490 pp
What is included:
- Kayak and all kayaking equipment including PDF/lifejacket
- Safety briefing and kayak instruction
- Camping, park and parking fees
- All meals provided. Saturday - lunch, snacks, sunset drink and nibbles, dinner. Sunday - breakfast, snacks and lunch.
- All cooking equipment
- Camping gear including tents, sleeping mats and dry bags
- Kayak adventure guide
- Wilderness first aid qualified Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) hosts to ensure you have the most amazing, stress free weekend possible
- Photos of your amazing adventure will be posted on the Facebook event page after the weekend for you to download
- Lots of fun and some WEA surprises and goodies along the way
- Transport to and from the start and end point - Bombah Point, NSW
- Travel Insurance
Cost: 2-day Adventure, All meals, Camp and Kayak Equipment $490 pp
What you need to wear/bring with you: (full packing list provided)
- Clothing - Good news, you won't need a lot, we'll give you a list closer to the event to ensure you're ready for all weather conditions. It's a very small list as all your belongings will go into your kayak! We'll give you a 15L dry back to pack all of your belongings into.
- Shoes to wear during the paddle (old joggers or water shoes are good - thongs are not)
- Shoes to wear around the campsite at night - sneakers/enclosed shoes are a good idea
- Small sleeping bag that will pack into a 15L dry bag
- Personal Medications
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bug spray
- Camera /phone to take photos (keep them in a dry bag or 2 ziplock bags)
- Small towel (there are no showers but the lake is the perfect spot for an afternoon or early morning dip)
- Snacks - we will provide lots of snacks but just in case you have any special favourites
Frequently Asked Questions
How fit do I need to be?
As we will be paddling at a leisurely pace between 10 and 15kms a day, so you'll need a moderate level of fitness. If you are unsure if this adventure is for you please drop us an email at email@example.com with your details and we will give you a call to discuss.
Do I need experience?
We do recommend that you have paddled in some capacity before this adventure. We'll give you a comprehensive briefing before we start on equipment use, safety and what to expect while on the paddling. We also offer tips to improve your technique to make things easier and more enjoyable for you. You need to be able to swim and be confident in water to participate.
How many women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. For this adventure, we have a maximum capacity of 8 plus your WEA hosts and kayak guide.
What if I don’t have anyone to go with?
No problem at all; there are be two WEA hosts to make sure everyone meets before we set off and that everyone gets to know each other along the way. By the end of the weekend, we are sure you would have found some new adventure friends.
Are there showers and toilets at the campsite?
Drop toilet, yes. Shower? No, there is not; we will be one with nature! We come fully prepared with a toilet kit and you can take a dip in the lake if you need to freshen up.
Will bad weather conditions affect my tour?
Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of a kayak tour; in fact, some of the best paddling conditions are in the rain. Wind, on the other hand, can cause cancellations. If the wind is strong enough to be a potential safety risk, we'll contact you in the days before the tour to discuss your options.
Am I going to get wet?
Yes and no - you will get some splash as you paddle along, and you will get wet feet getting in and out of the kayak, but generally that will be all.
How stable are the kayaks?
They are extremely stable, seaworthy and easy to use. The chances of a capsize are remote. You will be wearing a PFD (personal floatation device) at all times and the kayaks are virtually unsinkable due to their airtight compartments.
We will also give you a safety briefing before we start, explaining what to do to avoid capsizing and what to do if you do capsize!
The Nitty Gritty and Bits and Bobs:
Stay Safe Procedures: Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
By making a booking you agree to and accept our terms and conditions, including these Terms and Conditions, our Covid-19 Policy and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once your payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you.
No refunds will be given but you can ‘Pay it Forward’ (your spot can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18). Please email us at least 24 hours before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a credit or full refund will be provided.
This is a women's only adventure. Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person. Prices are correct as of 6 July 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
All current government safety and health guidelines at the time of booking and departure must be adhered to including all Covid-19 requirements. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip.
Domestic Travel Insurance Policy
Yep, this adventure is in Australia, but we know how important travel insurance can be if you need to change your plans, become ill or injured before or during our adventure. We suggest you source and purchase travel insurance upon booking. Better safe than sorry!
We hope you can join us! Sharon and Kat
Myall Lakes Kayak and Camp
Myall Lakes 2 day, Kayak and Camp Weekend$490.00Tax: GST includedSold Out
This event is sold out