Fri, 03 Nov|
Bungonia National Park
Women Embrace Hike, Cave and Camp Bungonia Weekend 2023
Join Women Embrace Adventure on this weekend you will never forget. Hike beautiful trails and go Caving with a bunch of adventurous, fun loving, like minded women in beautiful Bungonia National Park also known as the adventure capital of the Southern Highlands.
Time & Location
03 Nov 2023, 5:00 pm – 05 Nov 2023, 2:00 pm
Bungonia National Park, Bungonia NSW 2580, Australia
About The Adventure
Explore this beautiful part of NSW, Bungonia National Park in the Southern Tablelands, with knowledgeable local guides for this pack-free hiking, caving and camping weekend.
Join Women Embrace Adventure on this camping weekend you will never forget; it's all about stepping outside your comfort zone, taking on new challenges, meeting new friends and laughing like you have never laughed before.
Hike, Cave and Camp with a bunch of adventurous, fun-loving, like-minded women in beautiful Bungonia National Park, known as the adventure capital of the Southern Highlands.
Over the weekend, we will do a couple of bushwalks/hikes, graded 3 and 4. You'll need a moderate level of fitness to fully enjoy the experience. Our longest hike is approx 10 km over about 4 hours, allowing us time to enjoy our surroundings. We hike through woodlands, gullies, gorges and rainforests, taking in scenic lookouts and abundant wildlife. We go off track a little and look for cave entrances marked on the National Park map. Bungonia walks are simply beautiful and very interesting, offering the most spectacular views from cliff tops into the gorge below. There's even a delightful rock pool to have an afternoon swim, so don't forget to pack your swimmers. Day pack only; we'll leave everything else back at camp.
Grill Cave is very popular in the Bungonia State Conservation Area and the best for introducing you to the sport of Caving. Ladders, poles and wire fences have been installed throughout the cave to aid in its accessibility, avoiding the necessity of using ropes to descend. You will be wearing a helmet and have a head torch (we provide both) to guide you through the dark cave. There are no extremely tight squeezes, usually no water and plenty of areas to stand and rest along the way. Although it is a beginner caving experience, you need to be aware that the cave is dark, dirty, rugged and sometimes slippery, BUT you are in the best hands with our experienced caving guides and Women Embrace Adventure hosts to help you through every step. Our caving experience is approx 3 hours in length.
No camping experience is needed! We'll ease you into the whole experience as we camp within Bungonia National Park on Friday and Saturday nights. The campground offers a beautiful bushland setting and excellent facilities, a perfect base for all of our weekend activities. We'll all pitch in to set up the tents and help with lunch, dinner and breakfast preparations-the full camping experience! If you can play the guitar, please bring it along; there is nothing better than a guitar at camp after a busy day.
- Dates and Times: 3-day adventure – starting at 5:00 pm on 3rd November, finishing approx 2:00 pm Sunday 5th November 2023
- Meeting Point: Bungonia Campgrounds (exact meeting point with a pin drop will be sent to you in a text closer to the date)
- Activities: Camping, Hiking and Caving
- Grade of hikes: 3/4 moderate. To find out more about the grading system click here
- Group Maximum: 9 plus your guides
Cost: 3-day Adventure, All meals, Camp Equipment $690 pp
What is included:
- 2 nights camping accommodation in Bungonia National Park
- National Park and Camping fees
- All Meals: Friday - dinner. Saturday - breakfast, lunch, snacks, nibbles, dinner. Sunday - breakfast, snacks and lunch. We cater for most dietary needs, so let us know when you are booking.
- Camping gear including tents and sleeping mats ( 2 x 10mm yoga style mats are provided for each person, but feel free to bring your own self-inflatable camping mat if you have one)
- All cooking equipment
- 1 Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) host to ensure you have the most amazing, stress-free weekend possible Caving equipment and instruction
- Two highly qualified Adventure Outdoor/Caving Guides from Out and About Adventure
- All safety equipment-helmets, head torch, Personal Location Beacon, Sat Phone, Two Way Radio
- Some WEA goodies - it wouldn't be a WEA adventure without them
- Photos of your amazing adventure will be posted on the Facebook event page after the weekend for you to download
- Lots of fun and some WEA surprises along the way
- Transport to and from Bungonia National Park
- Bungonia NP Parking fees
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol (you may want a drink with dinner)
What you need to bring:
You only need to carry your day-pack, we adventure each day from camp, so there is no need to take all your belongings.
- Day Pack for personal first aid, water, jacket, snacks/lunch (all food provided)
- Sturdy enclosed hiking shoes or boots that can be used for caving and hiking
- Wet weather waterproof jacket
- Casual Camp clothes-trackies, hoody, even a puffa, it could get chilly after dark
- Personal Medications
- Water bottle 2 lt min
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bug spray
- Camera/phone to take photos
- Hiking poles (if you use them)
- Bedding (sleeping bag, pillow)
- Toiletries and towel
- Hike, cave and Camp clothes (we'll send a complete list before we go - but don't bring your fancy gear, expect to get dirty - especially when caving)
- Extra snacks and any alcohol that you may want
Are you worried about camping?
Well, you don't need to be, you will have your own tent (we will help you put it up) with a sleeping mat and a camp chair. The campground has a beautiful camp kitchen ( although we may just cook at our campsite), flush toilets, HOT showers and drinking water at camp. Easy peasy - you will love it!
We are proud to partner with Out and About Adventure (ABN 59 135 659 273) for this trip
Frequently Asked Questions
How fit do I need to be?
We recommend you have a Moderate Level of Fitness to fully enjoy this weekend. There will be lots of activity, including hiking, caving and swimming in waterholes.
Not sure this adventure is for you? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org; we'll happily give you a call to discuss.
Do I need experience?
Absolutely NOT! As long as you have a moderate level of fitness and do not have a fear of dark spaces/caves you are good to go.
I'm not sure camping is for me. Well, how does this sound?
- Delicious meals prepared fresh for you at camp
- Pre-dinner nibbles and a drink or two around the fire
- Your own tent so you have your own space and get a good night's sleep in the great outdoors
- Hot showers and flush toilets close by (yes, this is a big selling point!)
- Parking at the campsite so if you want to bring the kitchen sink you are more than welcome to as you'll have access to your car at camp
- Beautiful night skies and gorgeous scenery
- Adventurous like-minded women to share it all with
How many women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things relatively small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. We have a maximum capacity of 9 plus your WEA hosts and caving guides.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure hosts will make sure you meet everyone on Friday. We always have lots of fun; there's no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the weekend, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
Are there showers and toilets at the Campground? Yes! Hot showers and flushing toilets are available.
Can bad weather conditions affect my adventure?
Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of a hiking tour. Wind and storms, on the other hand, can cause cancellations. If the wind is strong enough to be a potential safety risk, we will contact you in the days before the departure to discuss your options. If we cancel the adventure, you will receive a credit or full refund.
The Nitty Gritty and Bits and Bobs:
By making a booking, you agree to and accept our terms and conditions, including these Terms and Conditions, our Covid-19 Policy and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once your payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you.
No refunds will be given but you can ‘Pay it Forward’ (your spot can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18). Please email us at least 24 hours before the adventure and provide her contact details.
This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure, a credit or full refund will be provided. Payment for WEA weekend adventures is final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure, a credit or full refund will be provided.
This is a women's only adventure. Valid for travel for 3rd November departure. Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person and do not include return transport. Prices are correct as of 26th June 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, WEA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. All current government safety and health guidelines must be adhered to at the time of departure. Flights and travel insurance are not included in the ticket price. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. Other conditions apply.
We hope you can join us! Sharon and Kat
Bungonia Hike, Cave and Camp
Bungonia National Park three day, pack free Hike, Cave and Camp Weekend$690.00Tax: GST included