Women Embrace Hike & Camp Bungonia Weekend
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Explore this beautiful part of the world, the Southern Tablelands, just outside of Goulburn, NSW, with very knowledgeable local guides, hear about the ancient landscape from a Traditional Land Owner, hike the gorges, lookouts then relax at camp with delicious meals and excellent company. We'll start with a Welcome Lunch and an explore in Goulbourn then make our way to the Bungonia National Park Campground and settle into camp for the weekend. Great hikes, great food, great company!
- Two nights accommodation at the Bungoina National Park (including the use of a company tent that will be set up and packed up for you)
- Two Wilderness First Aid Qualified Women Embrace Hosts to ensure you have the best experience possible.
- Two 100% Adventure Guides who have a wealth of knowledge on the local area
- Friday Welcome Lunch in the Southern Highlands
- All meals (two breakfasts, three lunches, two dinners, afternoon nibbles, hiking snack packs) prepared by our Camp Chef. We cater for most dietary need, let us know when you are booking.
- WEA Buff and other goodies
- National Park Fees
- Medical evacuation plan and satellite communications link
- Cultural Afternoon with Traditional Land Owner about the history of the area
- Transport to and from Bungonia National Park
- Travel Insurance
Cost: 3-day Adventure, All meals, Camp Equipment $849 pp
What you need to bring with you:
You only need to carry your day-pack, we walk each day from camp so no need to take all your belongings.
- Day Pack for personal first aid, water, jacket, snacks/lunch (all food provided)
- Bedding (sleeping mat, sleeping bag, pillow)
- Toiletries and towel
- Hike and Camp clothes (we'll send a full list before we go)
- Extra Snacks that you may want when trekking
Frequently Asked Questions
How fit do I need to be?
We recommend a moderate to high fitness level to complete this trek. We walk approx. 31 km all up (5 km Friday, 17 km on Saturday and a further 9 km on Sunday), there are quite a few hills, some stairs and uneven ground. If you'd like to discuss if this adventure is for you, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll happily give you a call.
Do I need experience?
You don't need hiking experience, but you will need a moderate fitness level because of the distance covered and the type of terrain we will be covering. Every WEA trip has two guides, and we are happy to help you learn about all things hiking.
I'm not sure camping is for me? Well, how does this sound?
- A dedicated camp chef to prepare all of your delicious meals
- Pre-dinner nibbles and a drink or two around the fire
- Tents set up for you ready for a good night's sleep in the great outdoors-one person to a tent
- Hot showers and flush toilets close by (yes, this is a bit selling point!)
- Beautiful night skies and gorgeous scenery
How many women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. We have a maximum capacity of 10 plus your WEA hosts and local guides.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure hosts will make sure everyone you meet everyone at lunch on Friday. We always have lots of fun; there's no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the weekend, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
Are there showers and toilets at the Campground? Yes! Hot showers and flushing toilets are available.
Can bad weather conditions affect my adventure?
Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of a hiking tour. Wind and storms, on the other hand, can cause cancellations. If the wind is strong enough to be a potential safety risk, we will contact you in the days before the tour to discuss your options. If we cancel due to weather conditions, you are entitled to a full refund, or we can transfer your booking to a rescheduled date if that suits you.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking significant measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
Terms and Conditions: Payment for WEA weekend adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18 who meets this adventures requirement, please email us before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure, a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs, see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c). By purchasing this ticket, you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please get in touch at email@example.com.
We hope you can join us!
Sharon and Kat x
- Sold OutBungonia 3 Day Hike & Camp$849GST included$849GST included0$0