Sun, 11 July|
Women Embrace Coastal Walking -New Location Awaba Bay Lake Macquarie
Covid restrictions on the Central Coast have caused a change of local...Join us on this coastal trail through the Wyrrabalong National Park. This walk has something for everyone – sandy beaches, shaded and winding bush trails, stunning clifftop views along the coast. An absolutely beautiful walk!
Time & Location
11 July 2021, 7:30 am – 11:30 am AEST
Marmong Point, 1 Nanda St, Marmong Point NSW 2284, Australia
About The Adventure
About the Adventure: Join us to explore one of the Central Coasts beautiful walking trails. This track runs along sandy beaches, through narrow forest strips of blackbutt and spotted gums and along coastal clifftops that offer spectacular views. There’s even a possibility of spotting some early wildflowers and even a whale or two if we’re lucky. Your guides will carry a homemade morning tea to snack on mid-hike and then enjoy some well-earned tea and coffee when we complete our adventure.
- Date: Sunday 11th July 2021
- Meeting Time: 7:15am for a 7:30am start
- Meeting Point: Shelly Beach (car park near The Balcony Restaurant). A link to the starting point will be sent via text a couple of days before the walk.
- Fitness Level: Moderate fitness level is required
- Experience: Some bushwalking experience recommended. You must have a moderate fitness level and be comfortable walking on sand and bush trails with steps and some moderate inclines and descents.
- About the Walk: This walk is rated Grade 3. We’ll walk approximately 11kms over sand, and uneven ground with some steps. Click here to find out more about the grading system
- Toilets: There are toilets at the start (and finish) of the walk.
- Car Parking: There is a large car park at the beginning of the walk, however it can get busy and this can be a popular trail. With this in mind we have selected and early start to ensure greater access to parking spots.
- Maximum Numbers: 14 plus your WEA guides
- Cost: $55
- Eco Pass, Parks Licencing Fees, Full Insurance Coverage
- First Aid qualified leader
- Morning tea including hot drinks and home-baked goodies. (We cater for dietary requirements, please let us know of anything dietary needs when booking)
- Photos of your adventure that will be posted on our facebook event page for you to save
What do I need to bring?
- day pack with waist strap (to carry your personal belongings)
- hiking boots, sturdy joggers or trail runners are needed
- comfortable, sun-protective activewear
- bug spray
- any personal medications you may need (asthma puffer/epi-pen etc)
- waterproof jacket (in case of cold/ wet weather)
- an extra warm layer in case of cold/windy weather
- at least 2 litres of water (remember we will be walking for a few hours and there are no water fill-up points along the way)
- we recommend leaving an extra set of clothes in the car in case we run into cold or wet weather
- hiking poles (optional)
How fit do I need to be to join this adventure? This hike covers approx 10 kms of moderate levels of terrain. You will need a moderate/high level of fitness to join us on this walk. The hike covers some slippery downhill sections, If you're not sure if you are fit enough for the walk please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to give you a call to discuss. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced before we set off on this beautiful hike. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the hike, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
How many will be on our Hike? We keep our adventures quite personal. On this adventure, there will be no more than 14 women your plus your WEA guides.
Stay Safe Procedures: To prioritise the wellbeing of women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
*Zero share equipment, utensils
*Providing hand sanitiser to use at the start and during each adventure
*Ensuring social distancing throughout the adventure
Before attending an adventure, please:
*Stay home if you or your family are unwell
*Wash your hands before joining us and use hand sanitiser often
*Continue to social distance
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
Terms and Conditions: Payment for WEA half-day adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given but can be transferred to another lady over the age of 18, please email us before the adventure and provide her contact details. This is an all-weather event. If cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure a full refund will be provided. For full T&Cs see our webpage ( https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c ). By purchasing this ticket you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please get in touch at email@example.com.
We hope you can join us!
Women Embrace Coastal Walking
Women Embrace Coastal Walking - Wyrrabalong National Park. Sunday 11th July 2021$55.00Tax: GST includedSold Out
This event is sold out