Embrace The Kokoda Track August 2020 - 11 Day Adventure
Time & Location
About The Adventure
See Full Details Here
Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) has partnered with Travis Hocart from Kokoda Crossing to bring you an amazing Kokoda Track Adventure. Known as one of the world’s most spectacular and challenging treks, the Kokoda Track, Papua New Guinea, offers the experience of a lifetime.
Our trek runs from Kokoda Station in the north to Owers Corner in the south. On this 11-day, 10-night adventure, we'll spend 9 days and 8 nights on the Track whilst being expertly led by an experienced Australian guide. For your safety and welfare, we'll also be accompanied by a designated trek doctor/paramedic with a comprehensive medical backpack.
Join us in venturing into this beautiful wilderness of Papua New Guinea so we can learn about, remember and pay our respects to this amazing period in our nation's history.
What is The Kokoda Track or Trail? It is a single-file foot thoroughfare that runs 96 kilometres overland (60 kilometres in a straight line.) The Track traverses the beautiful and rugged Owen Stanley Range in Papua New Guinea and was the location of the 1942 World War II battle between the Japanese and Allied– primarily Australian – forces in what was then the Australian territory of Papua.
Since then The Kokoda Track has held a special significance for Australians. In defeating the Japanese forces, 624 Australians were killed and 1023 were wounded fighting on the Track and an additional 1261 Australians were killed with a staggering 2210 wounded in the final battles on the beaches at Buna, Gona and Sanananda, the very same beaches the Japanese forces landed on in July 1942 to commence their attack on Port Moresby.
Your Package Includes
• 2 WEA hosts that will be with you every step of the way to support and encourage you.
• Australian guide (Travis from Kokoda Crossing) with extensive campaign knowledge.
• Experienced PNG based operational team - Porters and Management.
• Twin share accommodation in Port Moresby (1st and last night).
• Dinners and breakfasts in Port Moresby.
• All meals on the Track including a snack pack
• Internal flights and transfers within PNG.
• Doctor or paramedic with extensive medical kit to treat a wide range of ailments.
• Access to Australian owned security company in Port Moresby if required.
• Satellite phone on the track for emergency calls.
• Fees for access to artefacts and war relics.
• Use of private tent – one per person if required and campsite fees.
• Kokoda trek permit.
• Certificate of achievement at the conclusion of the trek.
• Tour of the Bomana War Cemetery.
• Women Embrace Adventure/Kokoda Crossing t-shirt. Women Embrace Adventure hat and Buff
• Extensive preparation support; what to pack, how to train etc.
• A tailored training program to help with your preparation
• 3 full day hike training sessions with Katrina and Sharon from Women Embrace Adventure in locations such as sections of the Great North walk around Newcastle and the Central Coast.
• Regular phone support from Sharon and Katrina in the lead up to the trek.
• Equipment familiarisation session and hiking training weekend with Travis , Katrina and Sharon approximately 6 weeks out from departure to assess equipment and readiness for the trek.
• Field guide to the Kokoda track – Author Bill James (contains cross-sectional map).
10 Dinners 10 Breakfasts 9 Lunches
What Isn't Included
- International Airfare-You will need to book and pay for your own airfare. The WEA team will share their preferred Travel Agent and flight details if you choose to book through them. Although not necessary, we do encourage the group to travel on the same flights or arrive into Port Moresby at the same time.
- Travel insurance– Is Required.
- Personal Porter– $620 use of backpack included. *(THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMENDED)
- Spending Money - For drinks in Port Moresby and on the Track, souvenirs, extra snacks bought from the villagers.
- Trekking Equipment - sleeping bags, sleeping mats, walking poles. Backpacks are supplied if you engage a personal porter*.
• Countries Visited: Papua New Guinea
• Tour Length: 11 nights, 10 days (9 days and 8 nights on the track)
• Start Date: The tour will start in Port Moresby on Tuesday 4th August 2020
• Finish date: The tour will finish in Port Moresby Friday 14th August 2020
• Group Size: Maximum 18 – this ensures everyone has a great time and gets to know each other.
• Going Solo? No problem, we welcome solo travellers and guarantee a supportive group of fun-loving women to share your journey with.
• Who is this Tour for: Women 18 years and above with a moderate to high level of fitness
• Accommodation: Whilst in Port Moresby, we stay at the fantastic Lamana Hotel (www.lamanahotel.com.pg) They offer excellent rooms, a choice of several restaurants, a gym, ten-pin bowling, free boot cleaning and a very reliable concierge service. While out on the track we stay in very basic guest houses or your own personal tent.
Women's only Tour of the Kokoda Track
10 night /11Day, $4,390pp, twin share
Want to talk to us about the trip? We are happy to have a chat, drop us an email at email@example.com
Terms and conditions: Information and pricing is correct as at May 9, 2019 and is subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency. A non-refundable deposit of $600 per person is required to secure a booking. Full price $4390. The final balance of payment is due, May 21, 2020. Edit: New due date May 21st, 2020. This is a women’s only tour for 18 years and above. All prices are per person based on twin share. Credit card fees apply. Full Payment is Due 75 days prior to travel (May 21, 2020). Cancellation Fees Apply: between 75-30 days prior to trip departure, fee of 75% of tour cost, between 29 -15 days prior to trip departure – fee of 85% of tour costs, within 14 days of the trip departure,100% of the tour costs. Disclaimer: if this trip is undersubscribed WEA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule. Due to the sensitive and physical nature of the trip, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to deny travel to any participant and remove participants during the trip.
For full T&C and disclaimer please see https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
- Embrace Kokoda Track Deposit$600$6000$0