Sat, 28 Sept|
Embrace Stand Up Paddle Boarding
Join Women Embrace Adventure for a fun morning of SUPing on beautiful Lake Macquarie. Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) is a fast growing water sport which promotes a healthy and active lifestyle and can be enjoyed by all fitness and ability levels. We hope you can join us!
Time & Location
28 Sept 2019, 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Booragul, Booragul NSW 2284, Australia
About The Adventure
Always wanted to give Stand Up Paddle Boarding a go or want to extend on the skills you already have then this WEA adventure is for you. Join us for a fun morning of SUPing on beautiful Lake Macquarie. We have a fully qualified instructor who has lots of experience and excited to take you through the process of getting up stand up paddleboarding, correcting stroke technique, doing basic turns and then into some more advanced drills if your up to it. Our Instructor will start by outlining all safety advice, paddle technique, and a brief warm up with the group before heading out on the water where more personalised advice is provided to the participants. We will spend an hour and a half paddling around the lake followed by a lite morning tea including some delicious home made baked goodies provided by your WEA host. Come and join us, we guarantee you will have a great morning with lots of laughs.
Requirements: Participants must be women who are 18 years or over and should be able to swim a distance of at least 50m unassisted.PFDs can be provided for those less confident in their swimming abilities. Please contact us if you would like to discuss your suitability for this adventure.
Cost: $45 includes:
- Equipment Hire - Board, Paddle, Leash, Rash Shirt and Personal Floatation Device (PFD) if required.
- A Women Embrace Adventure Host to ensure you have an amazing morning on the water
- Guidance from an ASI qualified instructor.
- Photos taken on the day will be posted and available on our Facebook event page.
- Morning tea including coffee, tea, hot chocolate or a cool drink as well some home baked goodies (we can cater for dietary requirements - please let us know when booking)
Payment due in full upon booking and is non refundable, however it is transferable. If you cannot attend at last minute please feel free to transfer your spot to another woman who is 18 years or above and fulfils the requirements of the adventure. Pay Pal or direct credit card accepted through our secure site.
Meeting point: We meet at Booragul just near Awaba House and Teralba Amateur Sailing Club. We will send more specific details in your registration email
What to Bring:
- Comfortable active wear suitable for the water. We recommend tights if the weather is cooler. Rash shirts are provided.
- Sunglasses are good on the water however please have a safety strap on them so you don't lose them in the Lake.
- Any personal Medications you may need
- Towel, yes you will probably get wet!
- A set of dry clothes to put on after SUPing
I haven’t done this before, will I be fit enough? This Adventure is for all levels of fitness and ability levels. Your instructor will help you no matter what level you are at. The only thing we ask is that you are confident in the water and would be able to swim 50 meters un aided if needed.
What if I don’t have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there is a Women Embrace Adventure hosts to make sure everyone is introduced before we set off. By the end of the Hike we are sure you would have found some new friends!
What if it is raining, will the adventure still go ahead? In short yes, we will still paddle if it is raining, it will just add to the adventure. If there are high weather warnings or wind we may have to reassess as your safety is our number one priority. If Women Embrace Adventure cancels the event you will be given a full refund.
Booking terms and Conditions:Payment are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all weather event. For full T&C see our webpage.
- Ticket type
Embrace Stand Up Paddle Boarding, 28th September 2019Price$45.00Sold Out
This event is sold out