Embrace Learn to SUP Four Week Course
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Always wanted to give Stand Up Paddle Boarding a go or want to expand on the skills you already have? Then this four week learn to Stand Up Paddle Board Adventure is for you!
Learn the process of standing up on the paddleboarding, correct stroke technique, basic turns and then progressing onto more advanced skills, increasing your speed and stamina in the process. You'll be able to trial different type boards and become a very confident SUP'er by the end of four Sunday mornings on the water together.
Our ASI qualified instructor will start by outlining all safety advice, paddle technique, and provide a brief warm-up with the group before heading out on the water where more personalised instruction will be provided. We'll spend an hour and a half paddling around the lake, with the location likely to change weekly depending on the wind direction (just to keep things even more interesting!) followed by a lite morning including delicious homemade baked goodies!
Come and join us, we guarantee you'll learn lots and have lots of laughs too!
Sunday, February 2nd, 2020
Sunday, February 9th
Sunday, February, 16th
Sunday, February, 23rd
Time: 10 am-12:00 noon
Requirements: Our adventures are for women over 18 and for this one, you should be able to swim a distance of at least 50m unassisted. PFDs (life jackets) will be available for you. Give us a ring if you'd like to discuss how this adventure would work for you!
Cost: $220 includes:
- 4 instruction sessions over 4 Sundays in February 2020
- Equipment Hire - Board, Paddle, Leash, Rash Shirt and Personal Floatation Device (PFD) if required
- A Women Embrace Adventure Host to ensure you have an amazing morning on the water
- Guidance from an Australian Stand-Up Paddle Board qualified instructor.
- Photos taken on the day will be posted and available on our Facebook event page.
- Morning tea including coffee, tea, hot chocolate or a cool drink as well some home-baked goodies (we can cater for dietary requirements - please let us know when booking)
What to Bring:
- Comfortable activewear or swimmers suitable for the water. We recommend tights if the weather is cooler. Rash shirts are provided.
- Sunglasses are good on the water but please have a safety cord attached to them so you don't lose them in the Lake
- Water Bottle
- Any personal Medications you may need
- Towel, yes you will probably get wet!
- A set of dry clothes to put on after SUPing
I haven’t done this before, will I be fit enough? This Adventure is for all levels of fitness and ability levels. Your instructor will help you no matter what level you are at. The only thing we ask is that you are confident in the water and would be able to swim 50 meters unaided if needed.
What if I don't have anyone to go with? No problem! At least half of the ladies come by themselves and find the hosts Sharon and Katrina provide a welcoming, encouraging environment. We'll introduce everyone and by the end of week one, we wouldn't be surprised if you've found some new adventure friends!
What if it is raining, will the adventure still go ahead? Probably, we'll still paddle if it is raining, it will just add to the adventure. If there are high weather warnings or wind we may have to reassess as your safety is our number one priority. If Women Embrace Adventure cancels the event you will be given a full refund.
Booking Terms and Conditions: Payment are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all-weather event. Payment due in full upon booking and is non-refundable, however, it is transferable. If you cannot attend at last minute please feel free to transfer your spot to another woman who is 18 years or above and fulfils the requirements of the adventure. Pay Pal or direct credit card accepted through our secure site.
- Embrace SUPing$220$2200$0