Embrace Kayaking and Camping-Myall Lakes Paddle Weekend
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Come join us for a weekend of adventure at Myall Lakes in February and make the most of the great summer weather!
Myall Lakes National Park, on the north coast not far from Newcastle, features one of the State’s largest coastal lake systems that offers a perfect opportunities for a weekend of kayaking. Myall Lakes comprises of 4 interconnected lakes and is surrounded by National Park, with the waters protected as a marine park. The lakes support a huge diversity of bird and animal life which will become evident the minute you get out of your car!
We set off on Saturday the 14th March at 9am and will be back to our starting point on Sunday the 15t at approximately 3pm. We paddle approximately 10 - 15 kms each day so a moderate level of fitness is required. These details may vary depending on the weather, wind, current etc.
During the day you paddle leisurely through the warm waters of the lake system, and forget your everyday stresses as you take in the stunning scenery. We camp over night at a secluded campsite, only accessible by water, and enjoy nibbles, wine and a delicious dinner and dessert. You'll have some leisure time at camp to explore the bush, go for a swim, and most likely have a chat as we enjoy the serenity!
You'll be kayaking in double kayaks, which are extremely stable and easy to use. On day one you will be paired up with either a friend or someone with similar kayak experience and on day two stick with your paddle partner or feel free to paddle with a new partner. Paddling with someone new only adds to the fun of the adventure. Never been on a kayak before? Not a problem, full instruction will be provided.
- Date: Saturday 14 -Sunday 15th March 2020
- Paddling distance: approx 20 - 30 kms over 2 days
- Time: 2 day tour – starting at 9:00am on 14th March, finishing approx 3pm Sunday 15th March 2020
- Meeting Point: Kormans Landing Campground (Near Bulahdelah NSW)
What is included:
- Kayak and all kayaking equipment including PDF/lifejacket
- Safety briefing and kayak instruction
- Eco Park fees
- All meals provided. Saturday - lunch, snacks, sunset wine and nibbles, dinner. Sunday - breakfast, snacks and lunch.
- Stoves and cooking equipment
- Camping gear including tents, sleeping mats and dry bags
- Kayak adventure guide
- 1 Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) host to ensure you have the most amazing, stress free weekend possible
- Photos of your amazing adventure will be posted on the Facebook event page after the weekend for you to download
- Lots of fun and some WEA surprises and goodies along the way
What you need to bring:
- Clothing - we'll give you a list closer to the even to ensure you are ready for all weather conditions.
- Shoes to wear during the paddle (old joggers or water shoes are good - thongs are not)
- Shoes to wear around camp site at night - sneakers / enclosed shoes are a good idea
- Sleeping bag
- Personal Medications
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bug spray
- Camera / phone to take photos (try to keep them in a dry bag or 2 ziplock bags)
- Small towel
- Snacks - we will provide lots of snack but just incase you have any special favourites
- A plastic garbage bag is also good for keeping things like your jacket or towel dry.
How fit do I need to be?
As we will be paddling, even though at a leisurely pace, between 10 and 15kms a day you'lll need a moderate level of fitness.
Do I need experience?
We do recommend that you have been paddling in some capacity before this adventure. We'll give you a comprehensive briefing before the tour on equipment use, safety and what to expect while on the tour. We also offer tips to improve your technique to make things easier and more enjoyable for you while you are paddling. You need to be able to swim to participate.
How many Women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. For this adventure we have a maximum capacity of 12 plus your WEA hosts and kayak guide.
What if I don’t have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there are 2 WEA hosts to make sure everyone is introduced before we set off and that everyone gets to know each other along the way. By the end of the weekend we are sure you would have found some new lifelong friends.
Are there showers and toilets at the camp site? Drop toilet, yes. Shower? No there is not, we will be one with nature. We come fully prepared with a toilet kit and you can take a dip in the lake if you need to freshen up. But remember we are only out in the great outdoors for about 30 hours so it is not a problem.
Will bad weather conditions affect my tour?
Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of a kayak tour, in fact, some of the best paddling conditions are in the rain. Wind on the other hand, can cause cancellations. If the wind is strong enough to be a potential safety risk, we will contact you in the days before the tour to discuss your options.
Cancellations that are made due to weather conditions made by Women Embrace Adventure are entitled to a full refund, or we can transfer your booking to a rescheduled date if it suits you.
Once payment is made it is non-refundable. However, if you absolutely cannot make it after registration and payment is made you may transfer your tour to another person ( please be aware these are women only tours and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age)
Am I going to get wet?
Yes and no - you will get some paddle splash as you paddle along, and you will get wet feet getting in and out of the kayak, but generally that will be all.
How stable are the kayaks?
They are extremely stable, seaworthy and easy to use. The chances of a capsize are remote. You will be wearing a PFD (lifejacket) at all times and the kayaks are virtually unsinkable due to their airtight compartments.
We will also give you a safety briefing before your tour explaining what to do to avoid capsizing, and what to do if you do capsize! The few capsizes that we have had on tour were from people playing around trying to splash each other etc.
*Booking terms and Conditions: Payment for this adventure are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given unless the trip is cancelled due to weather by Women Embrace Adventure, in which case full refund will be issued or the participant may elect to credit the booking amount to another tour date available. The booking is transferable, this is a women's only tour and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age. Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel this tour if undersubscribed with full refund to participant. Women Embrace Adventure reserve the right to refuse participation at any time and to cancel the tour if undersubscribed with full refund. See full T&C on our website.
We will notify you of any changes or cancellations via email and text. Should you be unsure about the weather conditions or have any other question drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Katrina on 0437711683.
- Embrace Myall Lakes Kayaking$390$3900$0