Embrace Kayaking and Camping - Myall Lakes Paddle Weekend
Time & Location
About The Adventure
Come join us for a weekend of adventure at Myall Lakes this September and make the most of the great Spring weather!
Myall Lakes National Park, on the north coast not far from Newcastle, features one of the State’s largest coastal lake systems that offers a perfect opportunities for a weekend of kayaking. Myall Lakes comprises of 4 interconnected lakes and is surrounded by National Park, with the waters protected as a marine park. The lakes support a huge diversity of bird and animal life which will become evident the minute you get out of your car! As we will be paddling in Spring expect to see magnificent wildflower displays as they bloom across the heathlands.
We set off on Saturday the 21st of September at 9am and will be back to our starting point on Sunday the 22nd at approximately 3pm. We paddle approximately 10 - 15 kms each day so a moderate level of fitness is required.
During the day you paddle leisurely through the warm waters of the lake system, and forget your everyday stresses as you take in the stunning scenery. We camp over night at a secluded campsite only accessible by water and enjoy nibbles, wine and a delicious dinner and dessert.
You will be kayaking in double kayaks, which are extremely stable and easy to use. On day one you will be paired up with either a friend or someone with similar kayak experience and on day 2 stick with your paddle partner or feel free to paddle with a new partner. Paddling with someone else only adds to the fun of the adventure.
Women Embrace Adventure loves to make a difference so a portion from every Kayak Camp sold goes directly to our chosen 2019 charity - Restore one www.restoreone.org.au .
- Date: Saturday 21st September - Sunday 22nd September 2019
- Paddling distance: 20 - 30 kms over 2 days
- Time: 2 day tour – starting at 9:00am on 21st September, finishing approx 3pm Sunday 22nd September 2019
- Meeting Point: Kormans Landing Campground (Near Bulahdelah NSW)
What is included:
- Kayak and kayaking equipment including lifejacket
- Safety briefing and kayak instruction
- Park fees
- All meals provided. Saturday - lunch, snacks, sunset wine and nibbles, dinner. Sunday - breakfast, snacks and lunch.
- Stoves and cooking equipment
- Camping gear including tents, sleeping mats and dry bags
- Kayak adventure guide
- 2 Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) hosts to ensure you have the most amazing, stress free weekend possible
- Jam packed WEA Goody bag with lots of bits and pieces to make your adventure extra fun - who doesn't love a goody bag!
- Photos of your amazing adventure will be posted on the Facebook event page after the weekend for you to download
- Lots of fun and some WEA surprises along the way
What you need to bring:
- Clothing - we will give you a list closer to the even to ensure you are ready for all weather conditions.
- Shoes to wear during the paddle (old joggers or water shoes are good - thongs are not)
- Shoes to wear around camp site at night - sneakers / enclosed shoes are a good idea
- Sleeping bag
- Personal Medications
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bug spray
- Plastic plate and bowl and cutlery
- Camera / phone to take photos (try to keep them in a dry bag or 2 ziplock bags)
- Snacks - we will provide lots of snack but just incase you have any special favourites
- A plastic garbage bag is also good for keeping things like your jacket or towel dry.
How fit do I need to be?
As we will be paddling, even though at a leisurely pace between 10 and 15kms a day you will need a moderate level of fitness.
Do I need experience?
We do recommend that you have been kayaking in some capacity before this adventure. We will give you a comprehensive briefing before the tour on equipment use, safety and what to expect while on the tour. We also offer tips to improve your technique to make things easier and more enjoyable for you while you are paddling.
How many Women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. For this adventure we have a maximum capacity of 10 plus your WEA hosts and kayak guide.
What if I don’t have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there are 2 WEA hosts to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off and that everyone gets to know each other along the way. By the end of the weekend we are sure you would have found some new lifelong friends.
Are there showers and toilets at the camp site? No there is not, we will be one with nature. We come fully prepared with a toilet kit and you can take a dip in the lake if you need to freshen up. But remember we are only out in the great outdoors for about 30 hours so it is not a problem.
Will bad weather conditions affect my tour?
Wet weather will generally not cause the cancellation of a kayak tour, in fact, some of the best paddling conditions are in the rain. Wind on the other hand, can cause cancellations. If the wind is strong enough to be a potential safety risk, we will contact you in the days before the tour to discuss your options.
Cancellations that are made due to weather conditions made by Women Embrace Adventure are entitled to a full refund, or we can transfer your booking to a rescheduled date if it suits you.
Once payment is made it is non-refundable. However, if you absolutely cannot make it after registration and payment is made you may transfer your tour to another person ( please be aware these are women only tours and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age)
Am I going to get wet?
Yes and no - you will get some paddle splash as you paddle along, and you will get wet feet getting in and out of the kayak, but generally that will be all.
How stable are the kayaks?
They are extremely stable, seaworthy and easy to use. The chances of a capsize are remote. You will be wearing a PFD (lifejacket) at all times and the kayaks are virtually unsinkable due to their airtight compartments.
We will also give you a safety briefing before your tour explaining what to do to avoid capsizing, and what to do if you do capsize! The few capsizes that we have had on tour were from people playing around trying to splash each other etc.
*Booking terms and Conditions: Payment for this adventure are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given unless the trip is cancelled due to weather by Women Embrace Adventure, in which case full refund will be issued or the participant may elect to credit the booking amount to another tour date available. The booking is transferable, this is a women's only tour and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age. Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel this tour if undersubscribed with full refund to participant. Women Embrace Adventure reserve the right to refuse participation at any time and to cancel the tour if undersubscribed with full refund. See full T&C on our website.
We will notify you of any changes or cancellations via email and text. Should you be unsure about the weather conditions or have any other question drop us an email at email@example.com or call Katrina on 0437711683.
- Sold OutEmbrace Myall Lakes Kayaking$390$3900$0
- Sold OutCath Courage Ticket$390$3900$0