Sun, 14 July|
Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures
Embrace Horse Riding - Glenworth Valley NSW
Join Women Embrace Adventure and take in some seriously impressive scenery on horse back in Glenworth Valley. This adventure is suitable for riders of all abilities from nervous first timers and beginners to experienced riders and includes a picnic lunch after our ride.
Time & Location
14 July 2019, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures, 69 Cooks Rd, Glenworth Valley NSW 2250, Australia
About The Adventure
Join Women Embrace Adventure and take in some seriously impressive scenery on a two hour horse ride in Glenworth Valley.
Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures is a family owned and run business that has been providing outstanding outdoor adventure experiences for over 40 years. Our horse riding adventure takes place on the privately owned 3,000 acre wilderness property nestled in a scenic valley and surrounded by National Park. Glenworth Valley is located in the NSW Central Coast hinterland, just off the M1 Freeway, and is an easy one hour drive north of Sydney’s CBD, 20 minutes from Gosford and 1 hour from Newcastle
Glenworth Valley itself features a range of natural environments from open pastures, lush rainforest, dramatic rock formations and towering ancient eucalypts with the crystal waters and natural rockpools of Popran Creek flowing through the heart of the valley towards the Hawkesbury River. The valley is home to many species of native fauna including wallabies, goannas, king parrots, lyrebirds and kookaburras.
Why you’ll love horse riding at Glenworth Valley
- Get outdoors and take in some seriously impressive scenery – there really is no better place to take a ride on horseback and get back to nature
- You’ll be assigned one of our 200 horses that is selected especially to suit you and your riding ability
- Relax as you’re in safe hands with our experienced horse riding guides
- No prior riding experience is necessary – our horse riding is suitable for all abilities
- The saddles are handmade by our in-house saddle maker to ensure the comfort of our riders and horses.
Details of the adventure:
- Sunday 14th July
- Approximate times: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Who is this adventure for: For women 18 years and above with any level of horse riding experience
- Cost: $140 (includes horse riding and lunch)
- Age: for women 18 years and over
- Fitness Level: This adventure requires a moderate level of fitness however no experience in horse riding is needed.
Whats Included in the cost:
- WEA Wilderness first aid qualified host
- All safety gear and instruction before setting off on our ride
- Qualified horse riding guide
- A healthy picnic lunch including Sharon's baked goods
- Guaranteed fun and laughter with a great bunch of women
Meeting point: Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures. More details of meeting point will be sent in a follow up email.
What if I don't have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there is a Women Embrace Adventure host to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off. By the end of the ride we are sure you would have found some new friends.
What do I wear and bring?:
- We recommend wearing full length pants. Jodhpurs, moleskins or jeans are ideal.
- Fully enclosed footwear such as riding boots or shoes with a flat sole and small heel is best. If you don’t have these riding boots are available to hire or you can wear runners or sandshoes however they are not recommended. Sandals, thongs or large bulky shoes with a heavy tread are not permitted.
- For safety reasons backpacks, handbags etc are not permitted to be worn whilst riding.
- Remember to bring sunscreen, insect repellent and a brimmed hat. Sunscreen, insect repellent, caps and shirts are available for sale.
- Bring a warm/water proof jacket incase it is cold or raining.
What if I have never ridden a horse before?
Glenworth valley horse riding guided tours are suitable for riders of all abilities from nervous first timer and beginner riders to very experienced riders. With 200 horses for riding, horses are individually assigned to each rider to ensure that riders of all ages and abilities are matched with a horse to suit their needs.
Providing safe and enjoyable horse riding experiences is Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures number one priority. Their trained staff are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our guests at all times. Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures is a founding member of the Australian Horse Riding Centres Association that regulates safety standards for the horse riding industry.
Are there any rider restrictions ?
For safety and animal welfare, there is a maximum weight limit of 105kg.
In addition to a rider’s weight, the Glenworth Valley instructors do also take into account a rider’s height to weight ratio, riding experience, general muscle tone and fitness when assessing whether we have a suitable horse available.
What are the booking Terms and Conditions: Payment for this adventure are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all weather event. For full T&C see our webpage.
- Ticket type
Embrace Horse Riding - 14 July
Embrace Horse Riding and Picnic Lunch, Glenworth Valley NSW , Saturday 29th June 2019Price$140.00