Embrace Hiking - Full Day Adventure, Heaton Gap - Heaton Lookout
Time & Location
About The Adventure
About the Hike: Join Women Embrace Adventure as we explore this beautiful section of the Great North Walk. We start the walk from the picnic area near the Watagan Forest Motel. From there we talk a steep walking trail up to the Heaton Gap lookout. As we continue along we walk along timber stair cases forested tracks and fire trails. Heaton Lookout is the halfway point of our hike and we will stop for lunch provided by your WEA hosts and take time to enjoy the stunning views. Once we are finished with lunch we will make our way back to the starting point along the same track.
We estimate the hike will take approx 5 hours in total, taking into consideration lunch and afternoon tea breaks as well as taking time to enjoy our surrounds.
- Sunday 28th July
- Approximate times: 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Who is this Hike for: For women 18 years and above who have a high level of fitness
- Cost: $80
- Age: for women 18 years and over
- Fitness Level: This hike covers 9kms and is graded hard/level 4. It is important you have a high level of fitness to complete this walk. As with any fitness activity, check with your GP if in doubt. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
- Whats Included:
- WEA Wilderness first aid qualified host
- Snacks afternoon tea (including fruit, snack bars and more)
- A healthy lunch of chicken and salad wraps (vegetarian also available) and Sharon's baked goods
- Guaranteed fun and laughter with a great bunch of women
What to Bring:
- Wear a comfortable pair of hiking boots or a sturdy pair of joggers or trail running shoes
- Comfortable active wear
- Hat, sunscreen, bug spray and sun glasses
- Any personal medication you may need
- A day pack (to carry your personal belongings as well as morning tea and lunch that will be provided to you by WEA before we set off),
- Waterproof jacket, extra layer and spare socks (incase of cold/ wet weather)
- At least 2 litres of water (remember this hard hike and we will be walking for a few hours).
- Additional Snacks if you have any favourites. If you have a favourite snack you think you might need please feel free to bring them along.
Meeting point: Brunkerville, NSW, exact meeting point will be sent in your confirmation email.
What if I don't have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there is a Women Embrace Adventure host to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off. By the end of the Hike we are sure you would have found some new friends.
What are the booking Terms and Conditions: Payment for Hike are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all weather event. For full T&C see our webpage.
- Embrace Hiking - 28th July$80$800$0