Sun, 07 Apr|
Embrace Hiking - Full Day Adventure, Cowan to Brooklyn, NSW
Join Women Embrace Adventure as we take on this popular part of the Great North Walk also known as the Jerusalem Track. We follow the Great North Walk from Cowan Station down to the picturesque Jerusalem Bay, then climb up over a series of ridges before descending into Brooklyn.
Time & Location
07 Apr 2019, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Cowan Station, Cowan NSW 2081, Australia
About The Adventure
About the Hike: Join Women Embrace Adventure as we take on this is a popular part of the Great North Walk also known as the Jerusalem Track, with scenery ranging from foreshore to ridge top lookouts We follow the Great North Walk from Cowan Station down to the picturesque Jerusalem Bay, then climb up over a series of ridges before descending into Brooklyn . This walk is a great one way trip from station to station with numerous water views, including a circumnavigation of Brooklyn Dam whilst enjoying a wonderful diversity of flora along the way. This walk is graded hard and not for beginners however the beauty of the surrounding makes it all worth it. We estimate the hike will take approx 6 hours in total, taking into consideration morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea breaks as well as taking time to enjoy our surrounds.
- Sunday 7th April
- Approximate times: 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Who is this Hike for: For women 18 years and above who have a high level of fitness
- Cost: $80
- Age: for women 18 years and over
- Fitness Level: This hike covers 13.4kms and is graded hard. It is important you have a high level of fitness to complete this walk. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
- Whats Included:
- WEA first aid qualified hosts
- Snacks for morning and afternoon tea (fruit, Carmens bars and trail mix)
- A healthy lunch of meat and salad wraps and Sharon baked goods
- WEA buff / bandana
- Guaranteed fun and laughter with a great bunch of women
What to Bring:
- Wear a pair of hiking boots or a sturdy pair of joggers or trail running shoes
- Comfortable active wear
- Hat, sunscreen, bug spray and sun glasses
- Any personal medication you may need
- A day pack (to carry your personal belongings as well as morning and afternoon tea that will be provided to you by WEA before we set off),
- Waterproof jacket, extra layer and spare socks (incase of cold/ wet weather)
- At least 3 litres of water (remember this is a all day hike and we will be walking for quite a few hours).
- Additional Snacks - we will bring fruit, Carmens bars and nuts for everyone. If you have think you need something else to have some favourites please feel free touring them along.
- Opal card for train
Meeting point: Cowan Train Station, Old Pacific Highway NSW. Meet us on the on Sunday the 7th April at 8:30am out the front of Cowan Train Station. It is only a small station so we won't miss each other. If you park here you can catch a train from Brooklyn back to Cowan at the end of the walk to get your car.
Please note: Your WEA hosts will be catching the train down and back from Fassifern Station and we would love you to join us if you live in the Newcastle / Lake Macquarie area. If you would like to train it with us please meet on platform 1 at Fassifern station at 6am to catch the 6:13am train. We will then catch the train from Brooklyn back to Fassifern on the way home, arriving home around 5:30pm.
What if I don't have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there is a Women Embrace Adventure host to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off. By the end of the Hike we are sure you would have found some new friends.
What are the booking Terms and Conditions: Payment for Hike are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all weather event. For full T&C see our webpage.
- Ticket type
Embrace Hiking - 7th April
Embrace Hiking, Cowan - Brooklyn NSW , 7th April 2019Price$80.00