Embrace Hiking - Full Day Adventure, Berowra to Cowan NSW
Time & Location
About The Adventure
About the Hike: Join Women Embrace Adventure as we explore the ridges and valleys from Berowra Station to Cowan Station. Along this hilly 13-15 km hike there are plenty of accents and decent to tackle along with excellent views across Berowra Creek providing some great excuses for well deserved rest stops. We will take our time to enjoy the views, rock formations, and creek crossings along the way as the track leads us to Cowan Station, through a wonderfully remote section of bushland. Berowra Waters, is in the middle of the walk and is where we will stop for a rest and a healthy lunch provided by your WEA hosts. We estimate the hike will take approx 7 hours in total, taking into consideration morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea breaks as well as taking time to enjoy our surrounds.
- Saturday 3rd August
- Approximate times: 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Who is this Hike for: For women 18 years and above who have a high level of fitness
- Age: for women 18 years and over
- Fitness Level: This hike covers 13-15kms and is graded hard/level 4. It is important you have a high level of fitness to complete this walk. There is approximatly 6.5 kms of tough uphill with lots of rock scrambling and climbing. As with any fitness activity, check with your GP if in doubt. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
- WEA Wilderness first aid qualified host
- Snacks for morning and afternoon tea (including fruit, snack bars and more)
- A healthy lunch of meat and salad wraps and Sharon's baked goods ( we cater for dietary requirements - please note any at registration)
- Guaranteed fun and laughter with a great bunch of women
What to Bring:
- Wear a comfortable pair of hiking boots or a sturdy pair of joggers with lots of grip or trail running shoes
- Comfortable active wear
- Hat, sunscreen, bug spray and sun glasses
- Any personal medication you may need
- A day pack (to carry your personal belongings as well as morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch that will be provided to you by WEA before we set off),
- Waterproof jacket, extra layer and spare socks (incase of cold/ wet weather)
- At least 3 litres of water (remember this is a all day hike and we will be walking for quite a few hours).
- Additional Snacks if you have any favourites - we will bring fruit, bars and nuts for everyone. If you have a favourite snack you think you might need please feel free to bring them along.
- Opal card for if catching public transport
Meeting point: Berowra, specific meeting point will be in the confirmation email. End point: Cowan Train Station, Old Pacific Highway NSW.
Please note: You may want to catch the train to Berowra Station which is our starting point. Our End point is Cowan Train Station so it is easy to take the train to get home. Another option is leaving your car at Cowan Station in the morning and catch the train to Berowra to start the walk. As we finish our walk at Cowan Station you will have your car already there ready to make your way home.
What if I don't have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there is a Women Embrace Adventure host to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off. By the end of the Hike we are sure you would have found some new friends.
What are the booking Terms and Conditions: Payment for Hike are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all weather event. For full T&C see our webpage.
- Embrace Hiking - 3rd August$90$900$0