Sun, 16 June|
Embrace Hiking - Full Day Adventure, Berowra to Cowan NSW
Join Women Embrace Adventure as we take on this is a hilly walk out of the beautiful Berowra Waters valley to Cowan Station. The scenery is stunning and we take time to enjoy the enjoy the views, rock formations, and creek crossings along this 13 - 15km hike.
Time & Location
16 June 2019, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Berowra Station, Berowra NSW 2081, Australia
About The Adventure
About the Hike: Join Women Embrace Adventure as we explore the ridges and valleys from Berowra Station to Cowan Station. Along this hilly 13- 15 km hike there are plenty of accents and decent to tackle along with excellent views across Berowra Creek providing some great excuses for well deserved rest stops. We will take our time to enjoy the views, rock formations, and creek crossings along the way as the track leads us to Cowan Station, through a wonderfully remote section of bushland. Berowra Waters, is in the middle of the walk and is where we will stop for a rest and a healthy lunch provided by your WEA hosts. We estimate the hike will take approx 7 hours in total, taking into consideration morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea breaks as well as taking time to enjoy our surrounds.
- Sunday 16th June
- Approximate times: 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Who is this Hike for: For women 18 years and above who have a high level of fitness
- Cost: $90
- Age: for women 18 years and over
- Fitness Level: This hike covers 13-15kms and is graded hard/level 4. It is important you have a high level of fitness to complete this walk. As with any fitness activity, check with your GP if in doubt. This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
- Whats Included:
- WEA Wilderness first aid qualified host
- Snacks for morning and afternoon tea (including fruit, snack bars and more)
- A healthy lunch of meat and salad wraps and Sharon's baked goods
- Guaranteed fun and laughter with a great bunch of women
What to Bring:
- Wear a comfortable pair of hiking boots or a sturdy pair of joggers or trail running shoes
- Comfortable active wear
- Hat, sunscreen, bug spray and sun glasses
- Any personal medication you may need
- A day pack (to carry your personal belongings as well as morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch that will be provided to you by WEA before we set off),
- Waterproof jacket, extra layer and spare socks (incase of cold/ wet weather)
- At least 3 litres of water (remember this is a all day hike and we will be walking for quite a few hours).
- Additional Snacks if you have any favourites - we will bring fruit, bars and nuts for everyone. If you have a favourite snack you think you might need please feel free to bring them along.
- Opal card for if catching public transport
Meeting point: Berowra Train Station, Pacific Highway, Berowra NSW. Meet us out the front of the Train Station at the Great North Walk sign. End point: Cowan Train Station, Old Pacific Highway NSW.
Please note: Your WEA hosts will be catching the train down and back from Fassifern Station and we would love you to join us if you live in the Newcastle / Lake Macquarie area. If you would like to train it with us please meet on platform 1 at Fassifern station at 6am to catch the 6:13am train. We will then catch the train from Cowan back to Fassifern on the way home, arriving home around 5:30pm.
What if I don't have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there is a Women Embrace Adventure host to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off. By the end of the Hike we are sure you would have found some new friends.
What are the booking Terms and Conditions: Payment for Hike are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all weather event. For full T&C see our webpage.
- Ticket type
Embrace Hiking - 16th June
Embrace Hiking, Brooklyn to Cowan NSW , 16th June 2019Price$90.00