Time is TBD|
Embrace Hiking, Abseiling and Caving - Bungonia Adventure Weekend
Join Women Embrace Adventure on this weekend you will never forget. Hike, Abseil and go Caving with a bunch of adventurous, fun loving, like minded women in beautiful Bungonia National Park also known as the adventure capital of the Southern Highlands.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Bungonia campground, Bungonia Access Rd, Bungonia NSW 2580, Australia
About The Adventure
Join Women Embrace Adventure on this weekend you will never forget. This weekend is all about stepping outside your comfort zone, taking on new challenges, meeting new friends and laughing like you have never laughed before. Hike, Abseil and go Caving with a bunch of adventurous, fun loving, like minded women in beautiful Bungonia National Park also known as the adventure capital of the Southern Highlands.
We meet for our action packed weekend on Saturday the 28th March at 10am and will finish our weekend on Sunday the 29th at approximately 3pm.
HIKING: CAVES WALK
Our Hike is approx 5kms and will take us 2 - 2.5hours to complete allowing us time to enjoy our surrounds. We hike through woodlands, gullies, gorges and rainforest, taking in scenic lookouts and wildlife. We will go off track a little and look for cave entrances marked on the National park map. The hike is scenic, interesting and offers the most spectacular view from a cliff top into the gorge below.
CAVING: GRILL CAVE
Grill cave is a very popular cave in the Bungonia State Conservation Area, and probably the best cave for introducing people to the sport of Caving. Ladders, poles and wire fences have been installed throughout the cave to aid in its accesibility, avoiding the necessity of using ropes to descend. You will be wearing a helmet and have a head torch (we will provide a helmet and headtorch) to guide you through the dark cave. As this is a great introduction to Caving there are no extremely tight squeezes, no water and plenty of areas to stand and rest along the way. Although it is a beginner caving experience you need to be aware that the cave is dark, dirty, rugged and sometimes slippery BUT you are in the best hands with our experienced guides and hosts to help you through every step. The Caving experience will be around 3 hours in length.
Walking backwards off a cliff is not a ‘normal’ activity for most BUT don't worry during this abseiling session you are introduced to both equipment and techniques that make it safe yet still challenging. We focus on promoting good technique and confidence on small sections of cliff before gradually increasing the height and raising the challenge! During this 3 hour session you will have the opportunity to abseil from heights of 10m up to 35m.
On the Saturday night we camp in the Bungonia Campgrounds. The campgrounds combine a beautiful bushland setting with excellent camping facilities and is the perfect base for all of our activities. Be prepared to put up a tent, help with lunch, dinner and breakfast preparations with your fellow camp mates. If you can play guitar please bring it along, there is nothing better than a guitar around the campfire after a busy day.
- Date: Saturday 28th March - Sunday 29th March 2020
- Time: 2 day tour – starting at 10:00am on 28th March , finishing approx 3pm Sunday 29th 2020
- Meeting Point: Bungonia Campgrounds
- Cost: $510 (Once payment is made it is non-refundable. However, if you absolutely cannot make it after registration and payment is made you may transfer your tour to another person. Please be aware these are women only tours and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age)
What is included:
- All Abseiling equipment and instruction
- All Caving equipment and instruction
- Park and camping fees
- All meals provided. Saturday - lunch, snacks, sunset wine and nibbles, dinner. Sunday - breakfast, snacks and lunch.
- Stoves and cooking equipment
- Camping gear including tents and sleeping mats
- 2 qualified adventure guides
- 2 Women Embrace Adventure (WEA) hosts to ensure you have the most amazing, stress free weekend possible
- WEA Goody bag with lots of bits and pieces to make your adventure extra fun - who doesn't love a goody bag!
- Photos of your amazing adventure will be posted on the Facebook event page after the weekend for you to download
- Lots of fun and some WEA surprises along the way
What you need to bring:
- Clothing for each activity - we will give you a list closer to the even to ensure you are ready for all weather conditions.
- Shoes to wear for all activities. Boots are the best form of footwear to resist the scraping and rock kicking you will be doing while caving however joggers will suffice if you don't have boots. Boots or joggers with a good grip are great for hiking and abseiling.
- Shoes to wear around camp site at night - sneakers / enclosed shoes are a good idea
- Sleeping bag
- Personal Medications
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bug spray
- Camera / phone to take photos (try to keep them in a dry bag or 2 ziplock bags)
- Snacks - we will provide lots of snack but just incase you have any special favourites
How fit do I need to be?
We take on some challenging activities so a you will need a moderate to high level of fitness.
Do I need experience?
No not at all, if you have a moderate to high level of fitness you can partake in this adventure. Our guides will instruct you and your WEA hosts will be there to help and encourage you every step of the way. We will give you a comprehensive briefing before the each activity on equipment use, safety and what to expect during that activity.
How many Women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things quite small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. For this adventure we have a maximum capacity of 10 plus your WEA hosts and adventure guides.
What if I don’t have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there are 2 WEA hosts to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off and that everyone gets to know each other along the way. By the end of the weekend we are sure you would have found some new lifelong friends.
Are there showers and toilets at the camp site? Yes there are.
Will bad weather conditions affect my tour?
Rain and cold weather will generally not cause the cancellation of this adventure. However if we are experiencing or expecting severe weather conditions enough to be a potential safety risk, we may cancel this adventure. In this case we will contact you in the days before the tour to discuss your options.
Cancellations due to weather conditions that are made by Women Embrace Adventure are entitled to a full refund, or we can transfer your booking to a rescheduled date if it suits you.
Once payment is made it is non-refundable. However, if you absolutely cannot make it after registration and payment is made you may transfer your tour to another person ( please be aware these are women only tours and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age)
*Booking terms and Conditions: Payment for this adventure are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given unless the trip is cancelled due to weather by Women Embrace Adventure, in which case full refund will be issued or the participant may elect to credit the booking amount to another tour date available. The booking is transferable, this is a women's only tour and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age. Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel this tour if undersubscribed with full refund to participant. Women Embrace Adventure reserve the right to refuse participation at any time and to cancel the tour if undersubscribed with full refund. See full T&C on our website.
We will notify you of any changes or cancellations via email and text. Should you be unsure about the weather conditions or have any other question drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Katrina on 0437711683.
Embrace Adventure Weekend
Embrace Hiking, Abseiling and Caving - Bungonia Adventure Weekend.$510.00