Sat, 07 Sept|
Nairobi, Kenya, Africa
Embrace the Ultimate African Safari and Gorilla Trek
JOIN WEA FOR A TRIP OF A LIFETIME AND.... • Go on a BIG 5 safari • Witness the Great Migration • Trek with giant gorillas • Immerse in local culture • Make a difference in the world by supporting Kenyan women
Time & Location
07 Sept 2024, 2:00 pm – 23 Sept 2024, 10:00 am
Nairobi, Kenya, Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
About The Adventure
ARE YOU READY FOR AN ADVENTURE YOU'LL NEVER FORGET?
TREK WITH GIANT GORILLAS
Gorilla trekking in Africa is one of the most moving and exclusive experiences in the world. And because the gorilla is an endangered species, you can only find them in some protected national parks in East Africa. And today you are one of the lucky few who gets to experience them up close and personal. To see primates in their natural habitat is a truly life-changing experience.
This adventure is your chance to trek with one of the most unique animals on the planet.
5 DAY MASAI MARA & LAKE NAKURU GREAT MIGRATION SAFARI
Witness the Great Migration on safari in Africa!
The Masai Mara is Africa's premier safari destination while Lake Nakuru is one of the few safari parks in East Africa that gives you the chance of seeing multiple rhinos.
During this safari, you’ll be living inside the game reserves. This will give you the best chance to spot all of Africa’s exotic safari animals, including the Big 5 (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino & buffalo). You may even hear these animals as you relax around an open fire, eat dinner under the stars or
The Mara adjoins the infamous Serengeti National Park and is home to the greatest natural spectacle on earth - The Great Migration. It is also home to huge populations of big cats and the famous 5 cheetah brothers. Covering more than 1,500 square kilometres and home to 80 different species of mammals and more than 450 varieties of birds, the Masai Mara offers a once in a lifetime safari experience, hand-crafted just for you.
With the life-changing Mirror of Hope
Explore the sights and sounds of Africa’s largest slum. Meet the life changing Mirror of Hope (MOH), visit the home of one of the inspiring women MOH work with, meet her family and learn how to cook a delicious Kenyan feast. This is the perfect opportunity to immerse in Kenyan culture, practice your Swahili and get to know some of the most resilient and remarkable people on the planet.
Mirror of Hope was founded in 2010 by Tommy & Judy Nyawir, to empower vulnerable women & children living in the Kibera Slums. MOH achieves their mission through the implementation of a range of innovative health, education and entrepreneurship initiatives. We get to spend time with Tommy and Judy as we immerse ourselves in this unique and heartwarming experience.
- Local English speaking guide throughout
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Trek Briefing
- 2 training hikes in Lake Mac / Newcastle area in the lead up to our trip ( May and June 2024 - dates TBA)
- 1 WEA hosts to ensure you have the most amazing adventure
- 12 nights accommodation ( 5 nights lodge style accommodation, 7 nights twin share camping
- Meals as per the itinerary (12 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 10 dinners)
- Tents and sleeping mats
- Cultural Immersion at The School of St Jude
- Fully catered Mount Kilimanjaro trek including:
- Kilimanjaro Entry & Camping Fees
- 4 Season Hiking Tents (Mat Provided)
- Altitude Safety Check (Twice Daily)
- Emergency Oxygen Tank
- Comprehensive first aid kits
- Portable Private Toilet
- Mess tent with table and chairs for all meals
- Services of experienced English-speaking Mountain guides (first aid qualified)
- Porters to carry your full pack - you trek with only a day pack (portered bag must be 9kgs max)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Return transfers from hotel to park gate
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- And of course some WEA surprises along the way
What's not included
- International or internal flights
- Visa and passport fees
- Travel insurance (Proof of travel insurance must be provided by 2 weeks after booking)
- Paid adventure options and all personal expenses
- Tobacco, alcoholic or special beverages
- Miscellaneous extras
- Laundry and communication charges
- Medical care
- Gratuities and tips throughout trip
Dates: Saturday, 7th September until Monday, 23rd September, 2024
Location: Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda, Africa
Days: 17 days / 16 nights
Group Maximum: 14 plus your WEA hosts and in Country Guides
Fitness Level: Moderate to High
(a non-refundable deposit of $3,000 paid upon booking will secure your spot - the remainder of the balance will be invoiced and payable in two instalments T&C apply)
For the full Itinerary, FAQs and all the exciting details, click here
By making a booking, you agree to and accept our terms and conditions and Adventure Out Loud terms and conditions, including these Terms and Conditions, our Covid-19 Policy and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once your payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you. No refunds will be given, and this trip is not transferable. This is an all-weather event. This is a women's only adventure. Valid for sale until sold out. Advertised prices are per person. Prices are correct as of 20th May 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
All current government safety and health guidelines at the time of booking and departure must be adhered to, including all Covid-19 requirements. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. Dates are non-transferable.
- Sale ends: 31 July 2024, 12:00 pm
Deposit - Safari and Gorillas
WEA Embrace the Ultimate Safari and Gorilla Trek - Non- refundable deposit only. Total cost $12,990. The remaining balance will be invoiced and payable in 2 instalments. T&C apply$2,000.00