Sat, 31 Aug|
Far South Coast NSW
Sapphire Coast Hike & Kayak Adventure 2024
Join Women Embrace Adventure on this fantastic six-day/five-night pack free, fully guided walking/kayaking adventure. Wonderful walks, sensational food, wine AND fabulous women! Experience the best of what the Sapphire Coast has to offer, exploring the amazing landscape of far south coast of NSW.
Time & Location
31 Aug 2024, 10:00 am – 05 Sept 2024, 12:30 pm
Far South Coast NSW, Merimbula NSW 2548, Australia
About The Adventure
Experience the best of what the Far South of NSW has to offer on this pack-free, fully guided, all-inclusive walking/kayaking adventure in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia!
- Spot water dragons and leave footprints on wild beaches in Bournda National Park
- Swim in sapphire blue water lagoons amongst the spotted gums in Mimosa Rocks National Park
- Wander on the highlights of the beautiful Wharf to Wharf walk
- Marvel at the wildflowers and post-fire regeneration, walking the complete Light to Light Walk
- Count the whales and wombats from our veranda at the heritage-listed Lighthouse keeper's cottage
- Enjoy local Sapphire Coast cheese, wine and produce, all prepared by our local guides!
- Search for azure kingfishers and white-bellied sea eagles as we kayak on the Towamba River
From the trail, the views are stunning and ever-changing, from heathland to the forest, tea tree groves to banksia woodlands, and sheltered coves to towering red-rock platforms. With so many coastal vantage points, we’ll spot seals, seabirds and very friendly Wombats. On this Sapphire Coast Adventure, you are in for a real treat.
'The best people, the best food, beautiful and surprising landscapes, my visit to the Sapphire Coast with Women Embrace Adventure was immersive and fun. The weather set some challenges for our group, and together we got through it all and managed to share laughs and stories along the way...I will always hold the good times I had on this trip with great affection. Many thanks for the love and care from the guides and girls.' -Megan, Sapphire Coast 2022
Adventure Length: 6 days/5 nights
Start Date: August 31, 2024
Finish Date: September 5, 2024
Hike/Kayak Distance: approx 55 km hiking over four days and approx 8 km kayaking one day
Fitness Level: These hikes are graded 3 to 4, and a moderate to high level of fitness is required.
For more information on the grading system we use click here
Preparation will make the experience all the more enjoyable; check out our Training Ideas here
'We are all about the journey, not just the destination at Women Embrace Adventure. You go at your own pace; if you're a fast walker, head up the front of the pack. Want to enjoy the view and take photos of all the mushrooms? Sure thing, hang at the back. We always have at least two guides on every adventure to support you; it's your adventure after all!'~Sharon, WEA
Group Size: Maximum 10 Women (plus your WEA host and SAG local guides)
Going Solo? No problem, we welcome solo travellers and you will always find a supportive group of fun-loving women to share your journey with.
Age: For women 18 years and above
Accommodation: Twin Share Accommodation is a combination of boutique hotel, camping in tents (they are very good tents, we would almost say glamping!) and Green Cape Lighthouse Cottages. Single supplement may be available.
Day 1 – Pickup from Merimbula Airport or our designated meeting spot and travel to our camp. After settling in, we'll have lunch then walk Sandy Creek Loop (10 km Grade 3) Stay at Campground (M- L, D)
Day 2 – Kangarutha track (12 km Grade 4) Stay at Campground (M-B,L,D)
Day 3 – Transfer to Boyds Tower, Walk to Saltwater Creek on the Light to Light track (13kms Grade 4). Stay at Green Cape Lighthouse (M-B,L,D)
Day 4 – Transfer back to Saltwater Creek, walk to Green Cape Lighthouse (17kms Grade 3-4), stay at Green Cape Lighthouse. (M-B,L,D)
Day 5 – Leisurely morning at Green Cape Lighthouse, transfer to Towamba River for full day kayak trip downriver, into Twofold Bay, exploring fisheries beach and finishing at the Seahorse Inn. Set menu celebration dinner and stay at Seahorse Inn. (M-B,L,D)
Day 6 - Check out after a continental breakfast, visit Eden Whale Museum and a visit to Pambula boutiques for a wander...we then say goodbye to our new adventure friends and head back to the airport/our cars. (M-B)
Your Package Includes:
- All meals, including a celebration dinner on the final night, with a focus on fresh local Far South Coast seasonal produce. This is really a foodie's tour of the coast!
- Breakfast on days 2-6, a mix of continental and cooked breakfast depending on the day
- Lunch on days 1-5, pack your own with fresh bread rolls/wraps, luncheon meats, cheeses and salad
- Dinner-home cooked and delicious on days 1-4, preset menu celebration dinner at Sea Horse Inn on day 5
- Daily morning/afternoon tea/snacks and pre-dinner nibbles
- Twin-share accommodation with Boutique Style Hotel, Camping & Lighthouse Cottages
- Full Camp set up: Four-person, stand-up tents (twin-share) with stretchers, insulated mats, sleeping bags, sleeping bag liners, pillows and head torch, camp chairs, hot showers and drop toilets (It could be called Glamping!)
- Emergency communications and first aid kits carried by your guides and host
- Wilderness First Aid trained local Sapphire Coast Guiding Co Guides and Women Embrace Adventure host to ensure you have the most amazing adventure.
- Women Embrace Adventure team shirt
- Guided full-day kayak tour, including all instruction and equipment
- Return airport transfers to and from Merimbula Airport/predetermined location
- Guaranteed fun, laughter and, as usual, some Women Embrace Adventure surprises along the way!
Your Package DOES NOT include:
- Flights or travel to Merimbula
- Travel Insurance-required upon booking
- Alcohol (you are welcome to byo for a drink before/with dinner)
$3285/pp twin share; this amount covers all inclusions outlined "Your Package Includes."
How to secure your spot:
Book now and pay your non-refundable deposit of $600 to secure your spot, payable by credit card or PayPal. Balance due 90 days prior to departure.
What to Bring (We'll send you a complete packing list once you book, too)
- Day Pack with sturdy waist strap
- Water bottle/bladder – at least 2-litre capacity
- Personal toiletries and medication
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Walking boots or shoes, well worn in, with good tread
- Walking poles if you use them
- Wet weather jacket/pants
- Warm jacket
- Water shoes for kayaking (compulsory)
- Comfortable walking clothes-2 sets are all you need
- Sun hat
- Beanie for cool weather/evenings
- Optional – bathers, camera, binoculars, mobile phone
- Moderate/high level of fitness
- Purchase Travel Insurance upon booking and maintain it until completion of the adventure
We hope you can join us on this amazing adventure. Remember, this trip is open to a maximum of only ten lucky ladies!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Sharon on 0467504879 with any questions.
xSharon and Kat
Now the nitty-gritty and bits and bobs...
Stay Safe Procedures: Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
*Read our full Covid-19 T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
*Terms and Conditions apply
By making a booking you agree to and accept our terms and conditions, including these Terms and Conditions, our Covid-19 Policy and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once your payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you.
This is a women's only adventure.
Valid for travel August 2024 departure.
Valid for sale until sold out.
Advertised prices are per person, twin share and do not include return airfares/transport to start in Merimbula or required travel insurance.
Prices are correct as of 04 July 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
A non-refundable deposit of $600 per person is required to secure your booking.
Full price $3285
You will be invoiced for the balance owing, due 90 days prior and is payable via direct deposit PayPal or credit card.
All current government safety and health guidelines at the time of booking and departure must be adhered including all Covid-19 requirements. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. Your booking is non-transferable.
Cancellation Fees Apply:
· Prior to 90 days before the trip departure, we reserve the right to charge any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Between 90-60 days before trip departure-75% Of the Adventure Cost plus any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Between 59-30 days before trip departure- 85% Of the Adventure Cost plus any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Within 30 days of the trip departure - 100% Of the Adventure Cost
· Once the trip has commenced, there will be no refunds granted.
· It is required that you have a purchased comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking and maintained until the end of the adventure.
T&C's for full details https://www.womenembraceadventure.com.au/t-c
- Ticket type
Deposit Sapphire Coast
Sapphire Coast Fully Guided, pack free, 6 day/5 night hiking & kayaking adventure. March 24th 2023 Departure T&C applies. By making a booking you agree to and accept our terms and conditions, including our Covid-19 Policy and the Waiver of Liability. Full Price $2924/pp twin share; this amount covers all inclusions outlined in "Your Package Includes." Full Balance due 11 December 2023. T&C's applyPrice$600.00