Sat, 11 May|
Sand Dune Adventures
Embrace Quad Biking, Sand Boarding and Aboriginal Culture
Join Women Embrace Adventure as we quad bike past ancient camp sites (Middens), Learn about Aboriginal Culture, dig for fresh water, learn about bush resources, and sand board down one of the largest sand dunes on the beach. A morning you will not forget!
Time & Location
11 May 2019, 9:30 am – 11:00 am
Sand Dune Adventures, 2163 Nelson Bay Rd, Williamtown NSW 2318, Australia
About The Adventure
About the Adventure:
The 1.5 Hour Quad Biking, Aboriginal Culture & Sand Boarding tour includes 30 minutes of sand boarding, 30 minutes of quad biking and 30 minutes of Aboriginal Culture. During our adventure we will quad bike past ancient camp sites (Middens), learn about Aboriginal culture, dig for fresh water, learn about bush resources, and sand board down one of the largest sand dunes on the beach. A morning you will not forget!
The Murrook Culture Centre, Sand Dune Adventures office, 2163 Nelson Bay Road, Williamtown NSW Australia 2318. Please meet us at 9am. This ensures we have enough time to complete necessary paperwork drive the 5 minutes self drive to the Quad Bike Staging Area where the adventure begins. Be sure to get there on time, you don't want to cut into your or other peoples valuable riding time.
Cost: $150 per person
Inclusions and highlights of your Adventure:
- Full ATV Induction and Rider Safety Training for all riders
- Hear the history on the Aboriginal and European occupancy of the dunes by Aboriginal guides
- Powerful 400cc quad bikes easily traverse the magnificent dunes
- Gain exclusive access to the Worimi Land Council lands and the largest dunes on Stockton Bight
- An awe-inspiring sandboarding experience on the dunes
- Visit significant Aboriginal sites in the dune system
- Caters for all levels of experience
- Hi-Safety helmet and Vis Safety vests
- Women Embrace Adventure Buff to keep the sand out of your face
- Photos of your adventure will be posted onto the Facebook event page after the event for you to download.
- Women Embrace Adventure host to ensure you are well looked after and have an amazing experience.
What type of bikes will we ride and how big are they?
SDA tested a number of popular brands including Honda's, Polaris and Suzuki's. We settled on the (automatic) Artic Cat's and Kymco MXU 400cc (both air and oil cooled). The bikes are extremely user friendly and well balanced for use on the Sand Dunes. They provide plenty of power and comfort to do all that we need to do as part of the touring experience that we offer.
If your a 'first timer' don't be worried as we cater to the riding experience and ability of everyone. The bike have an automatic thumb throttle action, you'll be riding the dunes like an expert in no time.
I have never ridden a quad bike before can I still come on this adventure?
Everyone receives a bike familiarisation and clear instructions before you set off on your adventure. The track is designed to allow clients to hone their our skills before heading up the magnificent dunes. All tours are catered to the level of riding ability for you. So if it's adrenalin, or simply slow cruising, we can cater to you! No question about it!
Is Quad Biking safe?
Yes, providing you follow the simple rules and instructions given to you by your guide. You will be told the Do's and Don'ts of riding quad bikes (ATVs) on arrival. If these simple rules are disregarded while on your tour, you will be asked to leave the tour. This is purely for your safety and the safety of other passengers. Your safety is of upmost importance!
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- You will need to wear enclosed shoes. Joggers are great.
- Be sure to wear long comfortable pants
- any personal medication you may need
- waterproof jacket (incase of cold/ wet weather)
- Make sure you bring your sense of adventure!
What if I don’t have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there is a Women Embrace Adventure host to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off. By the end of the Adventure we are sure you would have found some new friends.
Booking terms and Conditions: Payment for WEA Adventures are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given. This is an all weather event, come hail or shine, we operate all year round (in fact its more fun in the wet). Tours may be cancelled in extreme weather (lightning). For full T&C see our webpage.
Embrace Quad Biking...
Embrace Quad Biking, Sand boarding and Aboriginal Culture. Saturday May 11 2019.$150.00