Embrace Hiking, Kayaking and Yoga - Port Stephens NSW
Time & Location
About The Adventure
About the adventure
Join WEA in Shoal Bay Port Stephens for a full day of adventure, fun and laughter.
We will start the day with a 30 minute Morning Yoga Practice – a gentle, flowing sequence suited to all levels. This practice Includes simple yet effective breathing techniques, mindfulness and stretches to prepare you for your days adventures.
After Yoga we will take the invigorating walk to the summit of Tomaree Head, 161m above the Port Stephens entrance. As we hike the track, we will enjoy unparalleled views of idyllic Port Stephens and its coastline. Although not a long walk there are a lot odf stairs and will be sure to get your heart pumping. At the summit, we will enjoy panoramic views of Yacaaba Head, Cabbage Tree, Boondelbah and Broughton Islands from the north platform. From the south platform, views of Zenith, Wreck and Box Beaches, Fingal Island and Point Stephens Lighthouse will be sure to impress. Fingers crossed we are lucky enough to see some dolphins swimming in the waves at Zenith Beach.
Time for some morning tea before we set off on our kayak eco-adventure where we go beyond the boundaries and discover all the horizons of Port Stephens, looking out for dolphins and other wildlife along the way. This experience highlights the natural beauty of Port Stephens in a way that does not disrupt the local ecosystem. We will kayak the beautiful water of Port Stephens for approximately 2.5 hours on double sit-on-top kayaks.
Once we have finished Kayaking take a dip in the beautiful Shoal Bay while your WEA hosts prepare your healthy picnic lunch.
And to finish off we will take part in an afternoon Mediation practice – Yoga Nidra which literally means ‘Yogic sleep’. This guided Meditation is taken laying down and is believed to provide the benefits of 4 hours of deep sleep. 20-30mins. What a perfect day of adventure in beautiful Port Stephens
Date: Saturday 18th April
Times: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Meeting point: Shoal Bay, NSW. Details of exact meeting point will be sent to you via email and text closer to the date.
Group Numbers: This adventure is available for 12 lucky ladies
Age: Participants must be 18 years or older
Fitness Level: Moderate
- Women Embrace Adventure Wilderness first aid qualified guide
- Qualified Kayak Guide plus all Kayaking and safety equipment, safety talk and instruction.
- Yoga and Meditation sessions guided by a qualified yoga instuctor
- Delicious healthy morning tea and picnic lunch including fresh salad, meats, rolls and wraps as well as Sharons Famous baked goods. ( we can cater for any dietary requirements so please let us know of any upon registration)
- Photos of your adventure will be added to the event page after the event for you to download
- Women Embrace Adventure buff
- Guaranteed full day of fun and laughter with a bunch of amazing women
How fit do I need to be? Although you do not have to have any Kayak, Hiking or Yoga expereince we do ask that you have a moderate level of fitness due to the nature of this adventure. The hike although only around 4kms return is graded hard due to the incline of the climb. While kayaking we will be wearing life jackets but we do ask that you are able to swim a distance of 50 meters unaided to be able to participate in this adventure.
Do I need to bring anything with me? Yes,
- Please wear active wear for the hike including hiking boots / shoes or sturdy joggers with a good tread / grip
- 2 towels and swimmers - you will get wet! (you will need 2 towels each to partake in the yoga and meditation sessions)
- Small back pack to carry your personal items on the hike.
- A change of clothes if you wish to change before lunch.
- Water bottle with at least 3 litres of water - it is a full day of activity.
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Personal medications
- Additional layers incase of cold weather
- Your sence of humour and adventure
What if I don’t have anyone to go with? No problem at all, there is always 2 Women Embrace Adventure hosts to make sure everyone is introduced to everyone before we set off. By the end of the day we are sure you would have found some new friends.
What if I have never Kayaked, Hiked of done Yoga before? No problem, your WEA hosts, Yoga instructor and Kayak guide will give you full instructions for both activities and help you every step of the way. The Kayak are extremely sturdy and easy to use. We just ask that you have a moderate level of fitness to fully enjoy your full day adventure.
Will the adventure go head if it is raining? Yes it will, a little rain will only add a bit more excitement to our adventure. However if there are dangerous weather warnings for kayaking and or hiking we will re assess. We will keep you well updated. If Women Embrace Adventure call this adventure off due to weather we will reschedule for a later date and you can either transfer your ticket to this date or we will be happy to refund you.
Booking terms and Conditions: Payments are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given however can be transferred. If Women Embrace Adventure cancels this event due to lack of subscription or inclement weather you will receive a full refund. For full T&C see our webpage.
- Sold OutEmbrace Port Stephens$210$2100$0