Thu, 19 Sept|
Women Embrace Southern Highlands Spring Long Weekend
Be enchanted by the beauty of the Southern Highlands, home to World Heritage-listed wilderness, endless vistas, gorgeous waterfalls and quaint villages. Spend a long weekend hiking, exploring, eating and drinking with like-minded women...we hope you can join us!
Time & Location
19 Sept 2024, 12:30 pm AEST – 22 Sept 2024, 2:00 pm AEST
Bowral, Bowral NSW 2576, Australia
About The Adventure
Experience the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW on our four-day weekend, where we'll hike and enjoy sweeping views, marvel at gorgeous waterfalls, share beautiful local food and wine, and explore quaint local villages.
Our Southern Highlands escape is an all-inclusive, fabulous adventure for women. We hope you can join us!
- Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 - Sunday, 22 September 2024
- Time: 4-day adventure – starting from 12 pm Thursday, finish 2 pm Sunday
- Start and finish point: Bowral, NSW (exact meeting location will be provided upon booking)
- Accommodation: twin share in local country house accommodation
- Meals: All prepared and served at your accommodation with a focus on the freshest local ingredients, wine tasting and lunch out on the last day
- Walk Grading: The walks on this trip are varied with a grade 3, a grade 4 and a grade 5. To find out about the grading system click here
- Three night's accommodation in beautiful Bowral, twin share
- All meals (three breakfasts, four lunches, three hearty homemade dinners, afternoon nibbles, hiking snacks and fruit). We cater to most dietary needs; let us know when you book.
- Guided, pack-free hikes on 4 days
- Stops at local villages in the Southern Highlands
- Two Wilderness First Aid Qualified Women Embrace Hosts to ensure you have the best experience possible
- Guides carry safety equipment, personal location beacons, communication devices
- A few WEA surprises and guaranteed fun and laughter!
Cost: $1990/person twin share (limited single supplement may be available at additional cost)
Day 1 – Thursday 19 September –Meet, afternoon hike
We'll meet you in the beautiful Southern Highlands, enjoy a picnic lunch at a local park, and then head to Mt Alexandra Reserve towards Forty Foot Falls. After enjoying the awesome vistas, we'll head to our accommodation to settle in. A drink by the fire might be in order....a beautiful dinner and a nice local wine will follow, a perfect opportunity to get to know the amazing women you will be spending the weekend with, share some past adventure stories and have a laugh.
Activity: Hike 7km
Meals Included: Lunch, afternoon nibbles and drinks, dinner
Accommodation: Bowral Country House
Day 2 – Friday 20 September – Ahearn's Lookout
We start the day with a beautiful breakfast, then head out for the longest of our Southern Highlands walks. Boasting stunning views over the Nattai Gorge, our walk up to Ahearn's lookout covers both fire trails and moderate-hard walking trails. Plenty of photo opportunities exist as we stand 350m above the Nattai River and look down the valley. Upon our return to Bowral, you'll have a chance to put your feet up with some afternoon nibbles while we prepare you a delicious dinner.
Activity: Hike 12 km
Meals Included: Breakfast, morning tea, trail snacks, lunch, pre-dinner nibbles and dinner
Accommodation: Bowral Country House
Day 3 – Saturday 21 September, Waterfall Day
After breakfast, we head out to explore some of the region's well-known waterfalls in Morton National Park. We'll make multiple stops in the region and take several short hikes today to appreciate the beauty of the national parks, the waterfalls and the stunning valley scenery. We'll have plenty of opportunities for photos, and make a stop in one of the quaint Southern Highlands towns for a drink and a look around before we head back home for pre-dinner nibbles and dinner.
Activity: Various small hikes totalling 7-10km
Meals Included: Breakfast, morning tea, trail snacks, lunch, pre-dinner nibbles and dinner.
Accommodation: Bowral Country House
Day 4 – Sunday 22 September, Wine tasting and walking
After breakfast and packing our bags, we'll say farewell to our home away from home and stretch our legs on the Cherry Tree Walk in Bowral. This flat, accessible walk is picturesque and was created in dedication to the soldiers who lost their lives in the Vietnam War. After our stroll and a stop for coffee, we'll head to a local winery to sample the local drop. After lunch, we'll say our goodbyes and head back home, having made some new adventures friends along the way.
Activity: Walk 5km, wine tasting
Meals Included: Breakfast, morning tea, lunch.
What's not included:
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol (other than the wine provided in the tasting at the local winery. (You are very welcome to BYO and we can stop in the Bowral for you to make any purchases)
About the Southern Highlands, NSW: Set amongst stunning gorges and valleys and with four distinct seasons, the Southern Highlands also offer enchanting inland villages, award-winning food, cool climate wines and boutique shopping precincts.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I need to bring?
We'll send you a full packing list once you book. You only need to carry your day-pack during our walks.
- Small Day Pack for personal first aid, water, jacket, snacks/lunch (all food provided)
- Toiletries and a beach towel (if you're game to take a dip in the water!)
- Hiking/outdoor wear and comfortable evening clothes (we'll send a full list before we go)
- Any alcoholic beverage
How fit do I need to be?
You'll need a moderate level of fitness for this four-day weekend. The walk on Sunday is approximately 12 km and challenging in parts, but we take our time and enjoy the views on the way. Other walks have a few hills, some stairs and uneven ground. The pace of our Southern Highlands getaway will be quite relaxed. If you'd like to discuss if this adventure is for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; we'll happily give you a call.
Do I need experience?
Nope! Just come along and enjoy this beautiful part of the world.
I'm not sure this adventure is for me?! What about this then...
- All meals provided and made with love
- Pre-dinner nibbles and a drink with your fellow adventurers
- Beautiful accommodation in lurvley Bowral
- Some of the most stunning natural features in NSW
- Did we mention local wines??
- Beautiful night skies and gorgeous scenery
- And best of all, we do all the hard work for you. All you have to do is turn up and enjoy; everything else is done for you!
How many women will be on my adventure?
We like to keep things small and intimate at WEA to offer you a supportive and friendly environment. We have a maximum capacity of 10 women plus your WEA hosts
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure hosts will make sure you meet everyone when you arrive on Thursday. We always have lots of fun; there's no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the weekend, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
I want to come with my friend/friends...
Just let us know who you are coming with when you book and we will be sure to match you in a room share with them.
Can bad weather conditions affect my adventure?
Wet weather will not cause the cancellation of this adventure. If the weather proves to be wet or otherwise dangerous, we may have to alter the itinerary though. As we are staying in beautiful accommodation in a gorgeous part of NSW we'll be sure to have a fantastic time if mother nature is not kind to us.
Nitty Gritty and Bits and Bobs:
By making a booking, you agree to and accept our terms and conditions, including these Terms and Conditions, our Covid-19 Policy and the Waiver of Liability.
Your booking is final once your payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to you.
This is a women's only adventure.
Valid for travel for September 2024 departure.
Valid for sale until sold out.
Advertised prices are per person, twin share and do not include travel insurance.
Prices are correct as of 15 September 2023 and are subject to availability, withdrawal and change at any time without notice due to fluctuations in charges and currency.
A non-refundable deposit of $600 per person is required to secure your booking.
Full price $1990
You will be invoiced for the balance owing which is due 90 days prior to departure and is payable via direct deposit, PayPal or credit card.
All current government safety and health guidelines at the time of booking and departure must be adhered to including all Covid-19 requirements. Any additional costs related to but not limited to government travel restrictions are the responsibility of the individual traveller and not Women Embrace Adventure. If this trip is undersubscribed or in circumstances where external events affect the viability or safety of this trip to go ahead, Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and to exclude/remove any participants from this trip. Your booking is non-transferable.
· Prior to 90 days before the trip departure, we reserve the right to charge any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Between 90-60 days before trip departure-75% Of the Adventure Cost plus any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Between 59-30 days before trip departure- 85% Of the Adventure Cost plus any administration costs and any trip cost incurred by us prior to the time of cancellation
· Within 30 days of the trip departure - 100% Of the Adventure Cost
· Once the trip has commenced, there will be no refunds granted.
· Travel insurance is recommended for all our adventures
We hope you can join us!
Sharon, Margie and Kat x
Southern Highlands 4 Days
Deposit Only-Southern Highlands, four-night, four-day, all-inclusive weekend walking adventure. Full Price $1,990, the balance of which will be invoiced to you for payment on or before 19 June 2024.$600.00Tax: GST included