Women Embrace Hiking - Mt Kuring-Gai to Berowra
Time & Location
About The Adventure
About the Hike:
This walk explores three valleys, beautiful bushland and some fantastic sandstone overhangs. We will take our time to enjoy the many creek side rest areas along the way. We are in for a treat as we pass by Lyre Bird Waterfall and The Lyrebird caves are a series of notable sandstone overhangs on the eastern side of Lyrebird Gully. For afternoon tea we will take a side trip to Naa Badu Lookout which offers magnificent views south over Berowra Creek as well as over Sams and Calna Creeks. Naa Badu means ‘See water' in the Aboriginal tribal language of the Dharug people. This hike is graded 4/ hard and we recommend you have a moderate to high level of fitness.
Date: Saturday 11th October 2020
Meeting Time: 8:30 am
Meeting Point: Mt Kuring-Gai Train Station NSW. Details of the exact meeting point will be sent to you upon registration.
Maximum Numbers: We like to keep our events quite small so there will be no more than 14 amazing ladies on your adventure plus your 2 WEA guides
Grade of walk / hike: This walk is graded 4. Click Walking track grading system see the more details of the grading system.
Fitness Level: A moderalty high level of fitness is required
Experience: previous hiking / bushwalking experience recommended
Length: the hike is approximately 10kms long and will take us between 4 - 5 hours to complete
- National Parks Licencing Fees
- WEA Wilderness first aid qualified leaders
- A healthy packed lunch, snacks and afternoon tea including, salad wraps and home-baked goodies. We cater for dietary requirements, please let us know of anything dietary at time of booking.
- Photos of your adventure that will be posted on our Facebook event page for you
- Fun and adventure with a bunch of like minded, fun loving women!
What do I need to bring?
-day pack (to carry your personal belongings)
-hiking boots, sturdy joggers or trail runners are needed
-sunscreen and sun protective clothing
-any personal medications you may need (asthma puffer/epi-pen etc)
-waterproof jacket (in case of cold/ wet weather)
-an extra warm layer in case of cold/windy weather
-at least 2 litres of water (remember we will be walking for quite a few hours and there are no water fill-up points along the way)
-we recommend leaving an extra set of clothes in the car for after the hike in case we run into cold or wet weather along the way
How fit do I need to be? This hike covers approx 10 kms of moderate levels of terrain. You will need a moderately level of fitness to participate on this walk. If you are not sure if you are fit enough for the walk please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to give you a call to discuss.
This trail is not handicapped accessible at this time and pets are not allowed.
I'll be coming on my own, is that ok?
Not a problem at all! Lots of women come on their own to our adventures. Your Women Embrace Adventure host will make sure everyone is introduced before we set off on this beautiful hike. We always have lots of fun, there is no pressure, no judgment, and lots of encouragement from everyone. By the end of the hike, you may have just found some new adventure friends!
How many will be on our Hike? We keep our adventures quite personal. On this adventure there will be no more than 14 women your plus your WEA guides.
Women Embrace Adventure is a registered Covid Safe Business
To prioritise the wellbeing women, staff and our community, Women Embrace Adventure is taking important measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Before you book or attend an adventure, please note:
- If you have recently travelled overseas or to Victoria, been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have flu-like symptoms(such as fever or cough), please schedule your adventure after your self-isolation period ends and you have the all-clear.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, we recommend you focus on getting well and postpone your adventure until you have been given the all-clear by your doctor.
- If you become unwell prior to your adventure or have contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please email email@example.com to reschedule.
Women Embrace Adventure has the following safety measures in place:
- Precautionary questions around health and travel
- Limiting the number of women on an adventure
- Provision of hand sanitiser
- Practising social distancing
- Zero contact check-in process
- Not sharing equipment and utensils
- Individually packaged food
- Cleaning equipment and commonly used surfaces often
Here’s how you can help us when attending your adventure:
- Stay at home if you are unwell
- Wash your hands before joining us
- Avoid touching your nose and mouth
- Maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres from others where possible
*Booking terms and Conditions: Payment for this event are final once you receive a confirmation email. No refunds will be given unless the adventure is cancelled by Women Embrace Adventure, in which case full refund will be issued or the participant may elect to credit the booking amount to another tour date available. The booking is transferable, this is a women's only tour and can only be transferred to a female over 18 years of age. Women Embrace Adventure reserves the right to cancel this adventure if undersubscribed with full refund to participant. Women Embrace Adventure the right to refuse participation at any time. See full T&C on our website.
We will notify you of any changes or cancellations via email and text. Should you be unsure about the weather conditions or have any other question drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Sharon on 0467504879.
- Embrace Hiking$85GST included$85GST included0$0